Monday, September 21, 2020

Day 2979: Jesse is my hero.

 

 

"Liz": inkbrush drawing, watercolor, junk mail collage on journal spread.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Christopher Bright, Rotation.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?


 


 

 Apology: The new "improved?" blogspot will only sometimes allow me to have my preferred center allignment? And instead, places the sentences randomly? I always said my blog was random.

I apologize.

 

 

 

 Update:

As some of you know, I have no use of my right arm.                  Thankfully I can still type an write, as I am right-handed.                     But I have to keep my right elbow against my body,                             as any lifting is extremely painful. I had to cut my hair,                          as it is impossible to make a ponytail with one hand.                             I will have full replacement surgery in January.


Cantada, our homeowners association is undertaking repairs               to all exterior wood fences, patios and the like.                                      It is our job to clear the areas near the future repairs.





 Meet Jesse, my hero, a fellow black-belt, but younger and stronger.
he spent a half day cleaning up an trimming, then moving
things away from the fence.
 

 











  







                                                
 Lots of empty pots, rusty farm tools and smaller plants moved.
Thank you Jesse and Courtney for last week.
 
 
 
 

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died on Friday, sparking a wave of tributes in the nation's capital and around the country. She was 87. The second woman ever appointed to the bench, she was known for her fiery dissents, often in cases involving civil rights or equal protections. Those dissents and key cases that she worked on as a lawyer made her a cultural touchstone across generations, earning the nickname the "Notorious RBG."

 

Ginsburg's death comes less than two months from Election Day and sets the stage for a divisive political fight over the future of the Supreme Court. President Trump said he would choose a candidate to fill her seat this week. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is vowing that whoever Trump nominates will get a vote on the Senate floor, despite blocking President Barack Obama's nominee in 2016 and arguing that voters should determine the future of the high court in an election year. Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, meanwhile, said, "The voters should pick the president, and the president should pick the justice."

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
      •  A 14 minute concert video, BTS in TinyDesk, here 
•  A 3-1/2 minute video, September, here.
•  A 2-minute funny video, pets, here.
 
                           


2GN2S


 



Smiles for Monday ...
 
 









 
 
 

 



 

 
 



Thanks for coming by.





4 comments:

john said...

Liz is just fabulous. Now I find out that you do not have use of your right arm she is even more spectacular. I love everything about her. She has personality plus! :-)

elenor said...

Jacki, I'm sure you are looking forward to the time after your surgery with all the pain gone. I wish you that the time till this date will pass quickly and not cause you sleepless nights. You are such a brave lady.
Wishing you the very best, dear Jacki

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, I am so grateful that I can use my right hand to type and draw if I keep my elbow against my body. So far, so lucky.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, you are always so kind to me.
Please take good care of you and your family.