Monday, September 7, 2020

Day 2964: 2 Marvin's



2 Marvin cards: junk mail & stamp collage on Kraft paper card.



                                                                                     




Want music?




Click here for Jacob Collier, Daniel Caesar, Time Alone With You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






If you saw an earlier post, here, I received some great stamps from Courtney and a lovely thank you note and pictures from Jan in the same day's mail. I wanted to get busy and send a thank you.


Within the huge stack of great stamps I found 3 cancelled Marvin Gay stamps. They had great colors, so I carefully peeled them off to use.

Then I put them on the kraft paper cards.

Since the stamp showed a red shirt, I started with red tissue paper.

I love exaggeration, so I started fitting his body to the size of the card. 


I love junk mail so I played with shapes for pants and shoes.



Once I had junk mail for body & shoes, I drew arms and legs. Outlining finished the card.


     I made a third card today. They are all similar butdifferent.                They are fun to play with and imperfections are a bonus.



                                                                               

 Just one. A 27-minute great video, here. When finished 
you may feel like you've been on a great 1 day vacation. 
Maybe save for when time allows you to watch and enjoy?





Smiles for Monday ...

























4 comments:

john said...

I love your stamp people. Thanks for the step-by-step. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, Marvin was a cooperative guy.
Have a Happy Labor Day!

Julie said...

Your Marvin stamp person really brightened my day!

elenor said...

I enjoyed your step-by-step, Jacki. Marvin looks great.
I hope you are fine.