Sunday, September 6, 2020

Day 2963: Having a heatwave ...





                                                                                            
Kiki#5: old photo, digital junk mail collage







Want music?




Click here for  Ella Fitzgerald,  Heat Wave.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






                                            EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING 

                     IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT MONDAY...

 



            * Dangerously hot conditions with high temperatures 117 

            to 122 expected in the lower deserts, around 110 to 118 

            for inland Orange County, the San Diego County alleys, 

       and the Inland Empire, and around 108 112 for the high desert.

 

                                                                      

              

2GN2S

How 11-year-old Nigerian boy went from dancing barefoot in the streets to viral ballet star


Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)In June, 11-year-old ballet dancer Anthony Mmesoma Madu was filmed barefoot, spinning and leaping gracefully in the air and landing in concrete, rain soaked puddles.

Just a few short months later, he has become a viral internet star and landed a prestigious scholarship in America.
Madu thought he was being recorded for a study session by his ballet instructor, instead, the footage of him practicing his moves was posted on social media and has been been shared widely across the world.

 More information, here. And, two short videos, below.

 

                                               

 

                                          Just because ...







•  A short, cute video, an owl, here
• A beautiful 6-minute video, Beethoven’s 250th Birthday, here.
•  Two 1-1/2 minute videos, Nigerian boy to NY, here. & here.




Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 
 
























10 comments:

elenor said...

It's not only your collage I love, I also had fun with your Smiles and I always wonder where you find your "just because" pics. They are really great. Thanks Jacki!
While you are hit by a heat wave autumn starts here. The temperatures are falling, it gets darker with each day, ... It's hard to get used to it. But I already learned that you can take wonderful photos when it's freezing and foggy.So,no complain
Have a good start into the next week.

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Stay cool, Jacki! It's hot even here close to the beach.

SlocombesOut&About said...

Hi Jacki, loved the video of the Nigerian boy and glad that he has a chance to further his dancing. Also too many of the "Super Good" items are mine too and I remember my mom putting her arm out to save me from launching forward in our 1953 Buick. Oh well, happy that I have my health and mind so really can't complain. Hope you are doing well and will try to call you soon. Love, Denise

john said...

Love the pops of red in your latest piece. Sorry to hear about your sweltering heat. I hope you have air conditioning. :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

I spent quite a bit of time watching the various youtube videos on the young dancer. (As you know, dance, especially ballet, holes a dear place in my heart.) It was just an unexpected delight in a very hot day.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! My energy level is very low in this heat. And knowing it is to be ongoing, makes me realize we are spoiled here in SoCal.I did make some stamp cards yesterday which will be in tomorrow's blog.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Jan, yes I am sure it is hot, but a bit cooler for you being nearer to the beach. I usually go a year without using my A/C, but have used it a bit lately. Take good care, Jan.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Denise, so good to hear from you. I am so sorry that I missed your call, but I did love hearing your voice. I bet you are glad you are up in WA during this heat spell? You would be fried in Yuma? I will try to call you sometine soon.

jacki long said...

Thanks John! Yes, I do have A/C but rarely ever used it before. I have in the past three days for an hour at a time, since my condo is tiny and becomes a refrigerator within an hour of A/C. Then I use fans to spread the cooler air. We are so spoiled down here.

jacki long said...

Thank You, Carrol! Yes, I thought of you when I added the young ballet boy's video. I try to find feel-good things to add, as we get so much of the ugly and negative. Thanks again.