Friday, September 11, 2020

Day 2968: "Par Avion".





                                                                                       
"Par Avion": old photo, junk mail collage.








Want music?




Click here for Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers, I Can't Go For That.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?


 

Update:

I am not a minister, by any means. But the State of California had ordained me to perform weddings. At the request of former students, and against my better judgement, I have performed two weddings. I was prepared for that to be all. Then I got a call from Brittany who with Jake, former student since age 6, asked me if I would officiate their upcoming wedding, October 10, 2020? I was flattered and honored, but not eager as it is a huge responsibility for me, I did agree.


So last night, we met at Descanso's in Costa Mesa ... 


to eat and discuss the wedding plans. It is exciting to see this beautiful young couple plan their life together.

 

 

  

In the news ...

 

I love tennis, and a few players in particular, Rafael Nadal, Serena, and now Naomi Osaka. Naomi is a soft-spoken, humble, kind young lady. Tennis star Naomi Osaka, who has donned face masks during the US Open featuring Black people whose deaths have sparked calls for racial justice.


Tennis star Naomi Osaka, has donned face masks during the US Open featuring Black people whose deaths have sparked calls for racial justice

Osaka was nearly brought to tears by video messages from theparents of Trayvon Martin and Ahmaud Arbery thanking her.

I feel like I'm a vessel at this point in order to spread awareness.



                                                                        


                                               Just because ...




 

•  A less than a minute video, Shaun the Sheep, here.





Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 




 
 





















Thanks so much for visiting.



6 comments:

john said...

Oh now, isn’t she chic. Well done! :-)

Branmuffin said...

Congrats to Jake and his future wife! You're the best minister, Jacki.

elenor said...

You really deserve this honor, Jacki. That's great.
Your collage is spectacular again.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Mine will be fine, I'll see my sons and the grandchildren. Already looking forward to it.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. She just happened.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Branmuffin, that means a lot to me.

jacki long said...

Thank you so much, Elenor!
You are always so kind and supportive.
Do have a wonderful weekend with your family.