Saturday, September 19, 2020

Day 2976: Pandemic Postcards.





                                                                                      
Pandemic Postcard series.








Want music?




Click here for  Toots & The Maytals,  Let Down.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?

I know most of you skip the music, it is usually what I am listening to as I do the blog. Today I liked the reggae feeling for a Friday ending another week of pandemic survival and energy for the weekend. It, reggae, always reminds me of a river rafting trip where this music had people of all ares bouncing around.



Update:
 
I am currently kind of fascinated with my pandemic postcard series.
A long time ago, Valerie and I went to the Fullerton Library book
 sale.  A delightful day rummaging through book we didn't need
as well as potential collage papers. We both left with a grocery bag.
 
 
 
One of the things I bought was 2 -50c packages of yellowing book size pages  of illustrations. The paper is so old that it nearly crubles in our hands. I am fond of tearing, and these pages tear with their own path  making wonderful shaped for collage, 
 

I found postcard-sizebeige-ish stock in my space, and the two are married into pandemic postcard series.
 

(back side for address)

 I usually add a lot, but these pieces were so pristine,
I listened and left them alone. 
 
 

 
I have mailed five to people I thought might "get it"? 
What do you think?
 
 
 
 
 
2GN2S#1
 
How about this? LA, Friday morning after weeks of red.
 
 I hope this lets you smile?
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                                            
•  A 10-minute video, virtual vacation, here.
• A 2-minute video, unbelievable news, here.
•   A less than a minute video, Moominvalley, here.
I apologize for the re-direct pages, but they do worl.




2GN2S#2
 
Just looking at this photo makes me happy. Scott Thompson of Thompson Strawberry Farm in Briston, Wisconsin, planted more than 2 million sunflowers on his land to help give people a little, well, sunshine when they need it most. Strolls in fields of sunflowers and other cheery blooms have become fairly trendy in recent years, and it's a great social distancing activity. At Thompson's farm, visitors can roam through 15 fields of sunflowers, zinnias, wildflowers and Mexican sunflowers — a butterfly favorite. "One of the things that's so cool about this is everyone is so happy," he says. It's definitely the season for apple and pumpkin picking in areas across the country too, so with a little searching, you may be able to find some safe options for a day of fall sunshine. 




Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 





by Darene Campbell















Thanks for visiting today.



8 comments:

john said...

I love old photographs. Lucky finds, Jacki! Maybe you could use them with some of your wealth of people like Dotti......Dotti goes camping for instance. :-)

J Todd said...

Love these conceptual pandemic postcards of yours! I've been doing pandemic postcards, too, but out of old paintings......

elenor said...

Your pandemic postcards are wonderful, Jacki!
If I lived nearer I surely would roam through all the fields of flowers. Seeing flowers always makes me happy.
Have a fine Sunday.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. I have a package of the old pages ready to send to you. I know you are partial to cutting, but I hope you try some tearing. They really do have a mind of their own when you tear. I will mail this week.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Judy. I think you are masterful at combining your works, they are amazing. My favorite still is your self-portrait. Happy Sunday.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am glad you like them, I have one done to send to you, but I will put it in an acrylic envelope for the trip, as I think they might fall off the postcard of bumped? I will try to get it in the mail this week. Take good care and have a great week ahead.

Irene Rafael said...

What a find!! I love your postcards and those old black and whites... just yummy. Good combo, Jacki. Also loving your puffy people!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Irene.You are so kind.
I mailed one to you recently, maybe it will arrive soon.