Saturday, September 5, 2020

Day 2962: Do you know Madame?




             
Madame Helena Modjeska: old photo, collage & digital.







Want music?




Click here for  Al Green, You Ought to be With Me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






Yesterday was a great mail day.
Two unexpected gifts brightened an ordinary day. 
              

From former student and artist, Jan, who sent me ...

   
                 

   a great handmade thank you and a page showing photos of pages        from her completed journal. What a jot to receive. Thank you, Jan.


And, from good friend, Courtney, aka Mother Earth, I received

 

a treasure load of old stamps, and I love stamps! 
Thank you Courtney!
A great mail day, indeed. 
 


2GN2S


A Sign of the Times: Venice Beach, CA




Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 

 

 

 


















 
 


4 comments:

john said...

The queen of digital h as done it again. Beautiful! Your manipulation of color is masterful. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John.
I am particularly fond of Madame Helen Modjeska.
I have visited her home in the woods here in the OC
and I got a feel for her life story.

elenor said...

Your collage was inspiring, Jacki. That lady must have been extraordinary. I never heard of her before so I was grateful for the link which I found very interesting.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Elenor. Yes, she was remarkable and little known here now, though she was very famous in her day. We even have a Modjeska Canyon here in California named after her.