Thursday, September 28, 2023

Day 4062: TBT and Sometimes.


"Change": ink on collage.



 

Want music?

    Click here: Perry Como, I Love You So.

 


Throwback Thursday ...

   

Demura Sensei and his students,

After a dojo dinner, Santa Ana, CA , 2002
 


 

From my cousin Denise's FB page ...

 


Sometimes, I'll see a mom with her toddler and it will hit me... it's not that I don't love where my kids are in life. It's not that I'm longing for the past. But, oh, how I'd love to feel some things just one more time...
 
I'd love to feel my kids' tiny hand wrapped around my finger just one more time. I'd love to feel the soft sound of their gentle breathing when they fell asleep on my chest. I'd love to see the silly look on their faces when they tried a new vegetable they hated and hear the sound of their sweet giggles when they saw something they thought was funny.
 
I don't want to go back so I can change anything, but so I can truly take it all in just one more time, appreciate it just a little more, and bottle it up so I can open it up and enjoy it every time I saw a mom with a toddler. I guess these feelings remind me that one day, I'll feel the same way about my kids' teen years.
 
Someday, I'll be wishing I could bottle up our late-night conversations, our special times in the car when it's just us, or the look on their faces when they got their driver's license or went on their first date.
 
Life moves so quickly. And, as hard as it is to accept, our time with our kids living under our roof is drawing closer to an end.
 
Take in all those lasts, wrap your heart around them, breathe them in, and never forget... because those lasts are a beautiful, precious gift.

      

                

 

 
 
A 3 minute video, Perseption, here.


 
Just because ...

Rufous-collared Kingfisher


Thursday's Smiles ...
  
 



  
 
  




 

3 comments:

elenor said...

The Update from your cousin Denise's FB page expressed all the feelings I also know. It's being grateful and sad at the same time. So many thoughts about this I'm not able to express in English. But I'm sure you know them all, Jacki.
Thanks, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, I so appreciate your kind support. You help me more than you can know. ;o)

jacki long said...

Thanks John~ I like it when I stop in time.