Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Day 4040: Gudrun Sjödén and WW Reconnaissance


"Another Winter": acrylics, graphite.



Want music?


    Click here: De Barge, After the Dance


2GN2S ... 

I get -mails from Gudrun Sjödén, Swedish, comfortable, colorful, sustainable & often organic women's clothing for a boho chic, lagenlook, or artsy, creative style of your own. I don't have any, but I do like to look at their creative approach.

   



 

A repeat from one year ago, because it is kinda special?

I am often unsure what to include in tomorrow's blog. I usually think what is the best that happened today, and go with it. Tonight was no different. As I was watching the US Open, WonderWoman sent me a text

me & WW


Dru is a great lady, and how sweet of her to make WW feel like a celebrity.
 

Dru Sumner Mauer

 Like her dog above, who obviously adores her, so do we who know Dru. I know four generations of Dru. I loved her mother, Bette, who was the star, Dru, UCF Professor and my boss when I taught for her. Dru's  beautiful daughter Shannon, and the adorable grand-baby girl, Livvy.  Dru is married to Larry and Shannon is married to Brandon. I would say more, but I already sound like a stalker.


Thank you Dru and WonderWoman!
 
 

 
 
 
A 2 minute video, Jacara, here.


 
Just because ...

   

Red-legged Honeycreeper


 
Wednesday's Smiles ...
 










 
 


4 comments:

elenor said...

Once I got a catalogue from Gudrun Sjödén which was so great for collaging. She didn't like that and as I didn't order anything I got no new catalogue. I think her style is cute but it would be a bit strange here if I wore these clothes.
Today I looked at my collection of junk mail collages - and I was really pleased. I'll continue with it, although I make many other artsy things. Making art is the best we can do at our age, isn't it, Jacki?

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenoe! Yes, I think creating of any kind is a gift for the soul

john said...

So much emotion. You are a master of the eyes. The turban is fantastic, too. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I was so good to be with everyone. I am sorry that I was on the computer so much, but I enjoyed every minute of our retreat.