Saturday, September 9, 2023

Day 4043: Life is My Soundtrack & Textures.

"Trouble": junk mail & china marker




Want music?

    Click here: Tom Misch, South of the River


2GN2S ...

A former student, Christopher Bright sent me his newest music in an e-mail ..." I just released new music that I'm excited to share with you! It's called Elegy, and this one is very down-tempo, and focuses heavily on healing. I know I sound like a broken record, but thanks so much for letting me share my music with you! I really do appreciate it!"
 
Christopher Bright / Musician
https://lifeismysoundtrack.com/elegy
Listening links are at: Listen, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, You Tube, Deezer, Tidal,
 
 
 
 
  


These woven portraits are by Nigerian artist Chibuike Ifedilichukwu. Notice countless changes in texture and a complexity beyond the warp and weft.  Ifedilichukwu creates his art using recycled aluminum cans, cut into strips and expertly woven to produce images of Nigerian public figures. 


In Nigeria, recycling is largely an informal process controlled by small companies, and Ifedilichukwu uses his eco-conscious art for a statement about waste control in his country. 

The artist even trolls dumpsters near his neighborhood in Awka, which he knows invites some strange looks. “When I go scavenging, people see me as a mad person,” he said. “But I’m making a living out of it … and I’m creating awareness to make our environment safe.” 

Read the full story here

 

  

 


A 2 min. video, happy Beluga whalehere.

 

 


Just because ...
   
pheasant (female)    


Saturday's Smiles ...

 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

4 comments:

elenor said...

These woven portraits are excellent. I like the idea of using aluminium cans. Trash turns into art - that's great.
Happy Sunday, Jacki!

john said...

There is lots of movement in this piece. I caught my eye jumping from the black and white to the circle and then back around again. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Yes, I love for things to be reused too.

jacki long said...

Thanks John! i am liking the uncaged collages?