Saturday, September 23, 2023

Day 4057: Marathon and Toothpaste.

 

"Fear": junk collage, digital



Want music?

    Click here: Al Jarreau, Moonlighting

2GN2S ... 

10-year-old daughter jumps into race to help struggling mom finish Marathon.
 
 
Rich's 10-year-old daughter Avery jumped in and helped her down the final stretch. “It took me a second and then I realized it was Avery in her Crocs running with me!” the mother said. Avery added, “I saw another little girl finish with her mom and my mom was struggling even more than that. Video, here.
 


 

 Special

Amy Beth Gardner: August 14, 2016

 
My daughter starts middle school tomorrow. We've decorated her locker, bought new uniforms, even surprised her with a new backpack. But tonight just before bed, we did another pre-middle school task that is far more important than the others. I gave her a tube of toothpaste and asked her to squirt it out onto a plate. When she finished, I calmly asked her to put all the toothpaste back in the tube. She began exclaiming things like "But I can't!" and "It won't be like it was before!" I quietly waited for her to finish and then said the following: "You will remember this plate of toothpaste for the rest of your life. Your words have the power of life or death. As you go into middle school, you are about to see just how much weight your words carry. You are going to have the opportunity to use your words to hurt, demean, slander and wound others. You are also going to have the opportunity to use your words to heal, encourage, inspire and love others. You will occasionally make the wrong choice; I can think of three times this week I have used my own words carelessly and caused harm. Just like this toothpaste, once the words leave your mouth, you can't take them back. Use your words carefully, Breonna. When others are misusing their words, guard your words. Make the choice every morning that life-giving words will come out of your mouth. Decide tonight that you are going to be a life-giver in middle school. Be known for your gentleness and compassion. Use your life to give life to a world that so desperately needs it. You will never, ever regret choosing kindness."
 

 
 
A 2 minute video, 2 yr. old dancerhere.


 
Just because ...
 

Araripe Manakin


Saturday's Smiles ...
   

   

  

  

   



 
 

 

6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

How do you do it, day after day? Love your graphic, I had seen the adorable two year old dance before, but that video can't help but make a person laugh: youth is so great1 (Why didn't we know that when we were in it?)

The story of the run was heart-warming, and we all need to be aware of the power of our words to hurt: especially in a world that is so full of pressures and expectations as our is at present.

Thank you for making a great start to my day.

jacki long said...

No, thank you for your encouraging words, they help more than you know. Have a wonderful Sunday and week ahead. Hugs (that's plural, Stan ;o)

elenor said...

Today I can only say yes to everything Carrol said. She expresses exactly where I don't have the right words. So, thanks Carrol for her help and thanks Jacki. Again I loved EVERYTHING in your great blog.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Please have a wonderful week ahead.

john said...

Yes, red. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John.