Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Day 4061: Imagination and Grief.

   

"Uprising": junk, duct tape,collage

 

Want music?

    Click here: Jack Johnson, Better Together

 


2GN2S ...


    

 


 

On dealing with grief ...

    


 How does one deal with grief? Grieving is an  individual experience; there's no right or wrong way to grieve. How we grieve might depends on many factors, including your personality and coping style, your life experience, your faith, and how significant the loss was to you?

I am thinking about this as there are so many ways of coping. I know some who ignore it, not wanting it to show grief to others. There are those who break down immediately, and publicly on getting the sad news. Others only with family. 

   


 I am of an age where it's only normal that relatives, associates and friends may die. I have lost two cousins earlier this year, my teacher of 51 years on April 24, and WonderWoman's Dad, my former husband of 32 years on September 22. They say there are  5 stages of grief : denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. So I find myself finally in acceptance with three of my losses, and in a form of denial of Sensei's passing. It's not that I don't think he passed, but after 51 years, his was such constant presence that I half-way expect him to be at his desk in the dojo. I guess I am writing to try to move on.

 

 

Thank you for your patience.

 


 
 
A minute video, Duck Dance, here.


 
Just because ...

  
Chestnut-headed Oropendola



Wednesday's Smiles ...
 
  

  
 

   

   

   




 
 



8 comments:

elenor said...

So sorry for your loss, Jacki. I already had the feeling that something wasn't right. For me you seemed so tired. Now I know why.
Sending you all my love and good wishes, Jacki.
Thanks for making a blog despite of your troubles and telling us. You are so brave and kind.

jacki long said...

THANK YOU, ELENOR, Your kind words give me support and strength. Have great days!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jacki, for sharing part of your grief journey with us. My husband and I have been trudging through a devasting grief journey. There have been many of days that just reading your blog inspires me to let go and live with the scars of a wound that will never go away.
I am so very sorry for your losses and will keep you in my prayers.

jacki long said...

Dear Anonymous (Initial?)I am so sorry for you loss. It happens to everyone in time, I guess, but it is never easy.Thank you for your kind words, I am humbled by your saying that this silly blog helped. We all need help, and this crazy world focuses on the negative, it's not easy to find the good stuff, but I'll keep trying.

tgarrett said...

Thank you for this post- grieving is really never over- I am so very happy I got to be with you for that amazing retreat. I love you Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thanks dear Terry! It felt good to get it on paper, everybody has something, right? I loved being with you!n You are lucky that we have some distance between us, or I'd be knocking on your door a lot! Can Terry come play? I lov you too, Terry.

john said...

I jump for joy with this piece. :-)

jacki long said...

I thought you might like it, it's a packing tape transfer I did a few years ago.