Monday, September 25, 2023

Day 4060: Wishmaker and a Cookie.

   

"Daily": junk collage, digital.



Want music?

    Click here: Erica Badu, Next Lifetime



2GN2S ... 


Heroes among us

They call Kelli Ritschel Boehle "The Wish Maker." Ritschel Boehle lost her 17-year-old son Nik to a rare type of cancer in 2012. Before he passed, he and his family were able to go on vacation together in Hawaii thanks to the "Make a Wish" foundation. The trip was so meaningful, Nik asked his mom to help other teens get their wishes granted after he was gone. “It was like a seed he planted that just wouldn’t stop nagging at my mind until the point where it was waking me up in the middle of the night,” she said. In 2012, with the help of family and friends, Ritschel Boehle started Nik’s Wish. The nonprofit grants wishes to young adults between the ages of 18 and 24 who are battling cancer. They've gifted gaming computers, concert tickets, meet and greet events with celebrities, vacations, you name it. “The one thing in common is it has to bring them joy and know that they’re loved and that we’re fighting for them, too,” Ritschel Boehle said.     Read the full story here

 
 


 

 A while back, I had posted the smile below ...





A former student, Henry said above reminded him of my "cookie in the oven" quote. And, former student Seven's Mom, Bobbi said "now we all want to know what the cookie in the oven quote" is. So here goes.





It started years ago when my Grandhunk #3 was little . He complained about something he couldn't do yet. I told him (and many of my students over the years), "You're a cookie in the oven, you're not done yet."

The kicker is GH#3 looked up at me and said, "How about you Grandma, are you done yet? I responded, "I'm getting pretty crisp around the edges."

 

 

 
A 2+ minute video, Bear tests, here.


 
Just because ...

Tufted Titmouse


Tuesday's Smiles ...
 

  
 
 


  



  





 
 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, you make the best stories for us here each and every day. I'm so grateful to you.
Take good care!

jacki long said...

Awww, thank you Elemor, I aprpeciate YOU!!

john said...

OK. The industrial-ness and the colors. WOW! Love it! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John.I like the textures.