Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Day 3941: Butch and Blind Ladies



  

"Repetition": ink, acrylics, digital.
 






















 

                                         

Want music?

                                        

Click here: Maroon 5, Sunday Morning

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 
(no 2GN2S today, update took too much space.)
 
 

I was going through some art files this morningand I came across this one which brought up a quick story.

 

You may have noticed a difference in spacing and format? Evidently  has taken residence in my Mac Pro laptop! He has been tinkering for a while now and I try to fix the mistakes but he either deletes or returns to the original error. Today I am not fighting it, you'll get what I see?


When I was in college I lived on campus in Wood Hall. I pledged a sorority but none of the sororities had house yet, instead we had suites, ours was in Wood Hall. (They have beautiful houses now.) None of this is important to the story, but I am just glad the brain cell are chugging away. Anyway, holidays and many weekend I went to Aunt Martha's house.         

 
















                                             


 
 
Now the story. I brought home a big watercolor of two ladies for Aunt Martha. She liked it so much she framed it and hung it in the living room. As was my habit then and sometimes now, I left the faces blank to concentrate on the composition. Sometimes I would then add facial feature, but on this one the faces were still blank.
 
When Butch, an eight year old, young man from next door came over, he studied the painting for a long time. He finally said, "Oh! Blind Ladies."
 
 
 
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."      ee cummings ( he wanted credit)

 
 
 


 
A  5 minute video, Albatross chick & rainbowhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Crimson-rumped Toucanet




 


Wednesday's Smiles ...
  
 

 



 



  


                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story! Cam

jacki long said...

Thanks so much,Anonymous,and thanks for the id.
People keep telling me they like th stories,
sowhen surfaces I'll put it in! Thanks again.

elenor said...

It would be great to be able to see the world like a child. Loved this story, Jacki!

jacki long said...

THANKS, ELENOR. I HAD FORGOTTEN UNTIL I SAW THIS BLANK FACE. HAVE A GREET WEEK!

john said...

I am always fascinated by transparency and you do it so well. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John. I have mt days and sometimes I get lucky?