Friday, May 5, 2023

Day 3913: Cinco de Mayo and Art.

"Yevgeny Prigozhin": photo, collage, digital.



                                         

Want music?

                                            
 

Click here: Roberta Flack, Until It's Time

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

Happy Cinco De Mayo

Quote for today ...

"Broaden your interests. It's nice to have at least one surprising hobby or passion. People find it interesting. In many ways, the part of you that is least expected is more respected." 

 James Clear.


I've been told that I see things differently, maybe so. I can get excited over clouds, like yesterday, or the various tones of green on plants today after rain last night. I have 2 very tall pine trees outside the window of my studio, I can't see to the top but I keep trying.

When I walked passed the chalk drawing below. 



It registered in my fuzzy brain, and I went home to get my phone.With no artist nearby to claim it, I could see tiny hands having fun exploring on a big willing cement canvas.

 
The extra effort put into fitting this heart 
into the corner. Genius. I got an e-mail 
with cousin Julia's work. 



I can picture her pretty face as she created 
this joyful guy. Art for art's sake. When it 
just has to come out of you. The purest art, 
not for money, likes, clicks, or numbers. 
Bravo! 

2012:


 
A great 2+minute video, Nodding Offhere.


 
Just because ...
  
Pied Heron


 


Smiles for  Friday ...
  






                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Seeing things differently is a great gift. It lets the world appear much more interesting and exciting. And it lets you see beauty when others only see boring and ugly things. Thanks for your inspiring pictures, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor.Yes, I am gloasd to be a bit strange. Have a great week.

john said...

Everything you did with this portrait is fantastic! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I guess I took out my emotions on him?