Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Day 3917: Koinobori and Headache.

   

"War": inks, digital.



                                         

 

Want music?

                                       

Clickhere: Peter Frampton, Baby I Love Your Way click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

Children's Day

photo courtesy Sabogawa Koinobori Kawanagashi Association

   Around this time of year, Japan becomes decorated with scenes of fish fluttering in the sky. Known as koinobori, the carp streamers are an important celebration of Children’s Day, which is on May 5th, and is one of the consecutive holidays that makes up Golden Week in Japan.
  
 
One of the favorite forms of the celebration happens at Sabogawa River, which plays host to an unusual yet exquisite tradition. 
 

 

 
 
Colorful koinobori, which usually flutter in the wind, are placed back into the river where they belong.
 


I have a headache! 
 
It all started with this photo...
 
 
that I thought was so charming ... and below which every Mom know that feeling?
 
 
and on to the pensive shot below, isn't it sweet?
 

Then I mistakenly went down the internet rabbit hole, while researching something more important. I saw an article that feature the top 70? wedding dresses, the maker and the costs. Can you fathom a 5million dollar wedding dress? Well there are, and several had two or thee dresses designed for their wedding. There may have been more than 70, but that's when I gave up, brain-dead. It's a current article, which in my haste to escape, I deleted  it? Extra credit if you  find it?


 
 
A great 1+minute video, Parrots chat onlinehere.


 
Just because ...
 
Red-legged Honeycreeper



 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
  
 

 







                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

I so understand the little prince!
Isn't it crazy to spend so much money for a wedding dress? I don't understand that ....
Have a fine evening, Jacki and thanks for this wonderful blog.

john said...

This one almost looks like a piece of fabric. Love the red lines in it. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Yes, I agree it seems so entitled and selfish?

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I thought of it as missiles, or gunfire in the night?