Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Day 3911: Artist and Dad.

"Issues": ink, collage, digital.


 

 



 * I am not able to format, sorry, things are out of place.

                                         

Want music?

Click here: Jeff Lorber, By My Side. 

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

Painter Makes Serene Landscapes Appear Within a Single Brushstroke


Flashes of landscapes cut across black space in the paintings of David Ambarzumjan. The Munich-based artist has been building on his ongoing series, titled Brushstrokes in Time, which pairs two different scenes together through the use of a giant, sweeping brushstroke. While in some he contrasts the past with the present, in others he juxtaposes the natural beauty of Earth with the depths of black space.




For more information and more pictures, click here



A Short Dad Story.

 
Dad didn't understand Karate, or my love of it. But, in his mind, it was like training to be a plumber. You studied and when you knew enough, you were a plumber. 

When I earned my black belt in 1979, my Dad asked why I continued to train, wasn't I done? I explained that I was just a beginner and would never be done.  
So the fact that I still go to class twice a week after 50 years to learn, he would probably equate with a very slow learner.



 
 
A great 4+minute video, The King's Crownhere.


 
Just because ...
  
Chestnut-backed Thrush


 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
  
  

 

 

  


  


                             Thanks for coming by today ...


6 comments:

elenor said...

We are told now that life long learning is crucial and a must. I ask myself what else should we do all the time. Learning something new as long as we are capable of it and being grateful for this possibility. I'm sure your dad was learning something new all the time but this was so natural for him so he didn't think of this fact.
Love your collage, Jacki!

Anonymous said...

💕

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor.Dad's main motto was "If you can't fix it, don't worry about it"

jacki long said...

Hey Anonynmous ... ditto!

john said...

It is amazing what you can do with so many different texts. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I love text and feel it works best with varied sizes and fonts.