Monday, May 22, 2023

Day 3932: Video link and a glove.

 

"Casualties": junk mail collage.



                                         

Want music?

Click here: Hall & Oates, The Way You Do

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

 

2GN2S ...

As mentioned in yesterday's blog #3931 here, The world lost a good man, the Martial Arts lost a truly great leader and practitioner, and we lost our hero, teacher and friend. The funeral arrangements were this past weekend at Fairhaven Chapel and Cementry in Santa Ana, CA. A large crowd paid tribute to this great man at the viewing, funeral, burial and reception. Because so many wanted to attend, but couldn't, they filmed the funeral so it could be streamed worldwide. Since many of you said that you felt like you knew Sensei, I am attaching the link that will also allow access to a recording of the service for three weeks.  (The obituary and link are also available on our website, https://www.genbukai-hq.org/.)

 https://evt.live/funeral-service-fumio-demura



I was asked to speak at Demura Sensei's funeral, but I said no for several reasons, 1. there were important people speaking, 2. my voice is scratchy and difficult to listen to, 3. I knew I would be a blubbering fool, and we all wanted a dignified event.

However, I was asked to be a pall bearer, and I agreed to that. There were two teams of eight to carry. We were given white gloves to carry Sensei, I felt honored. On the final trip to the grave site, we were told to leave one or both gloved on the bar where we carried. I chose to leave one and keep one glove

 


 

 
A great 3+minute video, baby beaverhere.


 
Just because ...
  
Orange River White-eye  by Brian Culver.


 


Smiles for Monday ...
 
  



 






                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 

8 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, I'm so sorry you lost your hero, teacher and friend, Demura Sensei. Being next to him on his last way was surely very touching and an honor.
Wishing you a good week ahead.

Sam Zimmerman said...

Such an honor that you got to be a pall bearer. I'm in the process of watching the recording, as I was unable to attend or watch live on Saturday. I would've loved to hear you speak, though!

Carol Florek said...

What a lovely tribute to a wonderful man. We felt so honored to have been invited and able to attend the services & burial on Saturday. What I’ll remember most is Sensei’s philosophy on life and how important it is to uplift and encourage others, as well as to be the best person you can be. Never giving up and teaching others to do the same. Your blog is beautiful (and the quotes and memes are always funny!). 🖤

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, it was a lovely dignified but friendly service. I was lucky to see so many former students. Both days were lovely, I was an 11 on a 10 scale for tired!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Sam, I love to hear from you. Yes it was a lovely service. I was very honored to be a pall bearer, I 'd never seen a female pall bearer, but I'm sure there are many all the time. I was lucky to have strong men to do most of the work. I didn't speak, I was asked to but said I would pass this time as as they had plenty of speakers and my voice is all scratchy and hard to listen to, and I knew I would cry. So I was lucky I was asked for that honor.Wish you could have been there, but am so glad you got to watch the link. Take good care, Sam!

jacki long said...

Thanks Carol, it was a lovely event, so many worked so hard to make it that. You both looked so pretty. Have a good trip.

john said...

Of course all you needed for me to like this piece was to add red. So effective use of it. The two red letters draw my eye from the center outward toward the letters. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. I so appreciate you taking time to comment. ;o)