Friday, May 19, 2023

Day 3930: 13 year old hero, and an e-mail.


   

"Hardship": junk mail collage


 

                                         

 

Want music?

                                        

Click here: Willis, I Think I Like It When 

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

Michigan boy, 13, saves sister by hitting potential kidnapper with slingshot.

The suspect ‘grabbed her like you’d see in the movies … and was attempting to pull her into the woods.’ Photograph: Apu Gomes/AFP/Getty Images

Police called the boy’s actions “extraordinary” and said he deserved to be commended after defending his sister with a weapon many associate with the biblical hero David – in his mortal battle against Goliath – and Link, the protagonist of the classic video game The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

   The boy’s eight-year-old sister was hunting for mushrooms in her back yard in a rural area of Alpena township on Wednesday when a 17-year-old boy emerged from the woods, according to Michigan state police. “The suspect had come through the woods on to the property and came from behind her, grabbed her like you’d see in the movies – hand over the mouth, arm around the waist – and was attempting to pull her into the woods,” the state police lieutenant John Grimshaw told the local news outlet WGTU.  

The siblings’ uncle posted about the case on Facebook, Newsweek reported. The post read: “Hey everyone earlier today my niece was almost kidnapped out of her own yard here in Alpena on the south end of town, a young 17-year-old with a black mohawk grab my niece and tried kidnapping her my nephew heard her screaming and saw through his window and shot the guy with a slingshot the guy let go cops were called found out that the guy now in custody.

 


An email from Steve Jobs, sent to himself, remarking on how much we all need each other:

"I grow little of the food I eat, and of the little I do grow I did not breed or perfect the seeds.

I do not make any of my own clothing.

I speak a language I did not invent or refine.

I did not discover the mathematics I use.

I am protected by freedoms and laws I did not conceive of or legislate, and do not enforce or adjudicate.

I am moved by music I did not create myself.

When I needed medical attention, I was helpless to help myself survive.

I did not invent the transistor, the microprocessor, object oriented programming, or most of the technology I work with.

I love and admire my species, living and dead, and am totally dependent on them for my life and well being."

 

Source: Email sent on September 2, 2010. 

Featured in Make Something Wonderful


 
 
A great 4+ minute video, The Best Dayhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Furasian Spoonbill.jpg

  


 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 
  

  

 
 


 

 


                             Thanks for coming by today ...

4 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, I admire that you find a keyword for your great collages each day related to the Ukraine.
Have a wonderful weekend!

john said...

I love it when you use negative space. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. People have asked whether I start with the title or title it after making the art. Both, pretty near 50 - 50?

jacki long said...

Thanks John, negative space is essential at times.