Saturday, May 6, 2023

Day 3914: Baby Bison and Josephine.

  

"Damaged Heart": collage & stitches on tea bag.



                                         

Want music?

                                          

Click here: Stevie Wonder, For Once in My Life 

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

What if you found a baby Bison?  
 
 
It is red dog season in Yellowstone, which means the appearance of brand new baby bison! As cute as they are, they're definitely best admired from afar ... unless you're a professional adoptive bison mom like this woman.

(click here for a sweet 3 min.video)


  
Meet Josephine. I found her in a basket at a flea market, years ago. She said she wanted to go home with me, and she did.






Her photo had her name, Josephine, on the back in pencil. Josephine has earned her keep & still remains in original form. I've drawn, painted & done collage versions of her, today I decided to work with a digital collage.



I used an old circus background,
a large file with five layers ...
 
1   


2



3


4


5

And then it's playtime in Photoshop, 
blending, mixing & manipulating layers around Josephine. She never complains.







 
 
A great  minute video,  Zoo chefhere.


 
Just because ...
  

north-island-brown-kiwi


 


Smiles for Saturday ...
  


 

 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 

4 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Yes, the last photo is a heart breaker. We, the lucky ones, take so much for granted. Loved, loved, loved the tea bag art.

After seeing the video, I feel lucky that I only make food for Stan, Bentley and me.

Have a nice Sunday.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Carrol! Yes, I agree the last smile was a heartbreaker, but it makes us think and be grateful.

john said...

Totally awesome. :-0

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, I have a slew of these tiny tea bag collages from two years ago??