Saturday, January 30, 2021

Day 3101: Not in Jail.

 

  

"Rita" Work in Progress: acrylic, collage, graphite and digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Aretha Franklin, Until You Come Back to Me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Update

Last night was not a sleep through night, I read 1/3 of the new book, during three wake times, from 30 minutes to an hours each. I say this more for me, as a diary. So waking today, I was somnambulant. I went 

to the  house on the hill on a rainy day, to stay with the Granddogs until the three Grandhunks got home from work. The house was cold, so I put on the fireplace and we three snuggled on the couch. This served my energy level well.


 
 




 

Update #2

 Thursday night after posting Day 3100, here, I did work on one of the canvases a bit. I debated about showing it, as it is far from good, but it does show the process.

This is what I started with, a quick 10-minute demo piece from a class I taught at Catalyst. It was mainly to show the combination of acrylics and collage on a 12x12" canvas. It didn't have to be successful, just show the technique.

 

 

 

 

                                            

So I added some gesso to give me a part of the canvas to work with.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 I started with graphite to lay in some lines, and not necessarily keep the original shapes. I love graphite!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 And the reason why I love graphite, is when you spritz with water, it deepens the graphite and lets is spread or run. Parts that you don't want to keep can be blotted out. You can see the canvas is wet.

 

 

 

 

 

In desperation for the lead art for today's blog, I worked on her in Photoshop, but she is not done. She will have more collage, a new mouth, some facial shaping, and if it works out as I hope, I will share her in the future.
 

Brownie points for effort?

 

 

 

  

 

 
 


•  A joyful 30 second video, dogs @ beach, here.
•  A cute 1-1/2 minute video, penguins, here.
•  A touching 8-minute video, umbrella, here.


  
Just because ...
 
 
Dark-eyed Junc

 
 

  
                         

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 








 






   






  







 





                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 


12 comments:

Jeff Hutton said...

Thanks for today’s step by step. I really enjoyed it.

Jeff Hutton said...

Also....thanks for the new word - somnambulant - I had to look it up 😉

john said...

Rita is truly a work in progress but I love that you shared it in steps and where you were in the process. It is a brave thing to do and it is appreciated. Thank you. :-)

elenor said...

It's exciting to see the transformation in your work. In the last pic there is a totally different lady. I find her really charming - she is smiling at me.
Thanks for asking about my yesterday's day. To get video calls from my sons and grandchildren was a good start. More phone calls, whatsApp congratulations and hubby cooking for me made it nearly a perfect day. In a normal year we would have been together today in my place but let's hope this will be possible again next year.
Wishing you a good night, dear Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Jeff! It was a brave attempt, and people do seem to enjoy the step-by-steps, maybe especially when they are not working? Thanks so much for visiting the blog and also for taking the time to comment, it makes my day.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Joh, I do so appreciate your words. Yes, I thought it was brave too. ;o)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, I am so glad your birthday was a success. And, yes, I do believe next year will have to be better.

Carrol Wolf said...

Thank you Jacki for the last animated video. (I noticed it said based on true events.) It was heart rendering and touching. You always have something special and it's often different for each of us that posts a comment. What a treasure you are.

jacki long said...

Thank YOU, dear Carrol, you help me with smiles more than anybody knows. I love it, when the blog makes you happy, that is my goal.

Carol said...

So sorry to read about your shoulder. Prayers for surgery sooner than later. Enjoyed your step by step of Rita! I learned a lot from it. Your day with your granddogs looked like just what you needed. I cried watching the umbrella video. Carrol was right on with her description of it. I enjoyed your Smiles for Saturday" section. I share them with my friends from high school (45 yrs. ago), and we all smile and laugh through texts!
Elenor and I share a birthday so Happy Belated Birthday to her. Thank you for sharing your talent, compassion for others and love of animals and family with us. Please get some rest, if at all possible. Pain can be debilitating I am sure.

jacki long said...

Dear Carol, thank you for your kind words, and for having the time to visit the blog. I mean to keep this silly daily blog fun, light and share the humor that is out there. Trying to balance all the heavy stuff out there. Hope you can come again?

Jane I said...

Jacki,

You are so amazingly adept at creating your ladies, and generous in showing us how you create then, Thanks for the art lesson.


Jane Ice