Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Day 3097: I remember Kilauea.

 

 

 

Kilauea": collages and digital collage.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Marvyn Gaye & Tammi Terrell, Ain't No Mountain
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update:

Since my shoulder replacement surgery has been cancelled indefinitely due to the Covid virus, my ability to sleep has changed indefinitely. I have used reading to fill in the hours when I am unable to sleep, but which eventually makes me sleepy. Then I repeat.



Tonight at 8:30 pm I finished the book above. A part travel journal, part study of the people of Iran, and an artistry of words to enjoy. It is a 2001 best seller, that I had never heard of. Good friend Valerie, helps keep me in books, and she was right, I loved it. 
You are there and enjoy her wit and vision. A feel-good book about the people inside the countries with reputations. I keep a highlighter handy when the writing is stellar, and this book is well decorated.               Just saying'.




 
 


•  An cute 30 second video, surprise, here.
•  A beautiful 1-minute video, Making paper, here.
•  A precious 1-minute video, music for a cow, here.


 

2GN2S


The Owl and the Belgian Shepherd

 

For years, photographer Tanja Brandt has made it her mission to capture magnificent photos of animals and wildlife. Recently, the German artist found a new challenge when she photographed the unique bond between two unlikely friends: Ingo, a Belgian shepherd, and Poldi (Napoleon), a one-year-old owlet.

The owlet and canine have a special protector-protected relationship. Their affection toward each other couldn't be any more evident. Ingo lovingly guards Poldi, who apparently doesn't know how to live free.

The owlet hatched two days after his six brothers and sisters, therefore, has always been very vulnerable due to his small size.

They respect each other and they can read each other, says the photographer.

  

"Friendship consists of a willing ear, an understanding heart

 

 

 

 

  
            
 
Just because ...
 
 
 
Ferruginous Pygmy-owl

 
 
 
 
            


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 
  




 
 


 
 

 
 
 

 
 
  


 
  


 

 
 

 
 
 


                                                               Thanks for visiting today.

 

 

 

6 comments:

Betty Cotton said...

Jackie - thoughts to ponder, bring smiles and always more! Have a good day...it's cold!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Betty, Have a great day!

elenor said...

The story of the owl and the shepherd is so lovely and the photos are adorable. There are many people that could learn from them how to be nice to one another.
Not being able to sleep is a really bad thing. I had this problem for quite some time but I'm lucky I can sleep very well now. It's not only the pain that is annoying it's also that you see things quite different during night. Everything is much more dramatic and harder to bear than during the day. Is this also your experience?
BTW after an hour of trying to fall asleep I walked to the living room and started solving sudoko. You know, I love numbers.
How good you already could arrange a vaccine appointment.
Already looking forward to tomorrow's blog, dear Jacki!

john said...

I love it when you use trees in your art. Sorry that you are not sleeping. I know of what you speak as I wake up way too early and can not get back to sleep. Not fun! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, for me it seems worse ay night, thus I read to fill the time. Daytime always seems better.
I am just now starting on tomorrow's blog, with no idea at all what I will do? Usually, I have it at least half done by now.
Please take good care.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Another thing we share? But, not a good one.