Monday, January 4, 2021

Day 3084:


 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Lionel Richie, Love Will Find A Way.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


I'm back! To explain, I started the new year off, on January 1, 2021 by spilling a glass of limeade onto my open laptop keyboard. I panicked and called Superman who guided me through the google directions.  I waited the 48 hours and found that it doesn't evaporate but corrodes.  I called Apple, usually amazing and able to solve my problems. This time the Apple stores were backed up with no opening for 2 weeks. They recommended calling an Apple affiliate. At this point I called Brandon, my other tech genius. He got on line looked at ratings and said "try Mac Guys in Costa Mesa, they have a great ratings". January 4: I called and drove to CM to deliver my significant other before they closed at 5pm. The look Mac Guy, Mike gave me I knew I was in trouble. I called back the next day to find that I had fried my MacPro. However they would be able to retrieve my data! Next step, a new laptop. The Apple stores were backed up, but Mac Guys had a shipment of two coming in Monday, January 11, and with Brandon's help, I reserved one. I picked it up on the 11th after they installed the data, and my hero, Brandon came over to get me hooked up correctly. I still don't have my Photoshop transferred to this laptop, but that is on tomorrow's list. If all this makes you tired to read, you know how I feel, though I am very lucky how it all worked out.

I am carrying on today with Day 3084, although no longer consecutive days, it seemed the best way to go. Thank so many of you who wrote to check, and even those with generous offers, I am indeed blessed. I will try for daily posts as before, and try to keep this silly blog fun, upbeat and unexpected. Thank you Brandon and every one.

 
 
 
 


•  An amazing 3-minute video, owls, here.
•  A 2+minute video,  ducklings, here
•  A cute 1-minute video, raccoon, here.


 

Throwback Thursday ...

 


Demura Sensei, Kangieko, Huntington Beach, CA. 2010

 


 
                        

Smiles for Monday ...
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 


 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 


                                                               Thanks for coming back today.

 

 

 

7 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, I hope your computer will be running soon. It´s so annoying to have to fix these problems. Apple Care will help, I‘m sure.
Wishing you a fine evening nevertheless,

Nanci said...

Best of luck, Jacki. Hope your Mac will be back to good soon!

Carol said...

I am so sorry to hear about your computer disaster. Our technology becomes a part of us. I am sure you feel as if you have lost a body part. May it be an easy fix. I really enjoyed the pictures from Elenor. My grandmother was from Vienna, Austria. She died when my mom was 6 months old so this made seeing some of Austria really special! I am grateful to have found your blog and am in awe of your angels/art and everything in it! For me, it has made this difficult time in my life much easier. Thank you for enriching other's lives with your gifts. Wishes for a healthy, "love and people filled" 2020!

john said...

Good luck with a tech person. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Your posts are missed ;-) I’m looking forward to when you’re up and running again ;-)
~Lisa from Bavaria!

Julie said...

I've been watching your blogs all week. Sorry to hear about your difficulties!

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Jacki, miss you!