Saturday, January 2, 2021

Day 3081: It’s not brain surgery, but it feels like it.

 



 A very short blog today. Tonight while working on this blog on my trusty Mac Pro, I knocked over a glass of limeade onto the vulnerable Mac Pro keyboard. I grabbed towels and blotted and cleaned up as well and quickly as possible and it went dead. I called  Superman, wouldn’t you? He googled and I followed his directions. Thank goodness for Superman!

Luckily I have my IPad Pro and am trying to navigate a post from it or the first time. My poor significant other, Mac Pro, is hanging  upside down with the screen hanging off the table and the all of it laying on a towel, They say to leave it alone for 48 hours??? The artwork above  is from a Geisha file on this iPad Pro. Thank Goodness. My feeble attempt at normalcy.

Tomorrow I will call GH#1, my apple guru, to help me get up to speed, or near, on this IPad Pro, so Saturday’s blog might be better.

I read a blog today where the artist had chosen a word for the year 2021, hers was adapt, which would fit, but I am thinking, patience? Hopefully I will be in a better shape tomorrow. 
Thank you for your patience,


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Walter Hawkins, Oh Happy Day.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


Update:

 

Hello 2021! Doesn't seem different, yet.
Some make resolutions, and I have too in the past.
But now I will just try to do my best, a day at a time.
I was thinking today about what I have learned 
during this many years on a spinning planet.
For me, mainly three: gratitude, patience & showing up.
There's a long list under each category, 
but I'm sure you have your own.
But, under gratitude I'd like to thank you,
how kind of you to visit this silly blog when you can.
I appreciate and thank you for that.
Like most of us, I am blessed indeed.
And I am wishing the happiest, healthiest new year in 2018 
for you, your family & friends. ♥♥♥

 


2GN2S

Part II of beautiful Austrian photos from friend/artist Elenor's walk.


    

    

   



   

Yesterday's blog, here, shows warlier in the same walk.
Elenor said : "The day started with the full moon in front of our window and half an hour later it was totally foggy. When I was younger I hated fog. I remember a year when the fog didn't lift for 6 weeks. That's terrible when it is so dark for days. Last years were better because of a better air quality, but some days we still have fog and I learned to love it. I realized the magic of it."


 

 

How about a Hawaiian angel?


Lahaina:  junk mail angel #14, collage



Meanwhile, a quick step-by-step of #14 ...

A side note: I noticed a strip of wrapping paper... 
and got the idea to use it for a headdress?
Later I was sorry that I had started it, I don't usually cut work,
but had too much time in to quit! ;o)


2
1
























3
4
























5
6

























Aloha
 

 
 


•  An amazing 4+minute video, Mona Lisa, here.
•  A fascinating 2-minute video, murmuration, here
•  A beautiful 2+minute video, twisted trees, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
                        

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 


                                                               Thanks for visiting today.

 

 

 

5 comments:

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Happy New Year, Jacki. Patience is a terrific word -- we need it to maneuver the wait for the vaccine to hit "the masses" so we can return to "normalcy".

elenor said...

You know how grateful I‘m to you for showing me so much about collaging. And there are so many other things I learned here on your blog I never had heard before. Jacki, visiting your blog is really always a treat. So I think gratitude is one word of the year for me.
THANK YOU for everything!
I‘m also wishing you the best for this year, especially a new shoulder that doesn‘t hurt anymore.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Jann. Wishing you a wonderful, healthy new year.
Please take extra good care.

jacki long said...

Thank you again Elenor. Wishing you everything good, true, healthy and kind in 2012 for you and your family.

john said...

Just lovely! I could look at this piece forever! :-). Fingers crossed on your computer.