Friday, January 29, 2021

Day 3100: Definitely a better day.

 

  

 

"Burūōkiddo", Blue orchid: photography and digital.

 


 



Want music?




Click here for McFadden and Whitehead, Ain't No Stopping Us Now.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

Update:

 

I slept through the night, and even made breakfast. I usually don't eat till lunch at 11:30. I definitely felt better. When checking my email, I got a message from James Clear. Every Thursday, he shares 3 ideas from him, 2 quotes from others, and 1 question for you to ponder. Today was a quote from van Gogh, that spoke to me.

And so after a shower, I got a call from Valerie, which brightens any day. I mentioned the quote and she said "Great". but even if you just slop some paint on a canvas that would still be be great. She's a gem.   I got into messy clothes and laid out canvas.

 


 A canvas? As always I go too far. Three new and two to fix, we'll see?


 This one will get gesso'd, maybe leave some see-through color, but Daisy will be gone. It was a commission 14x14" for Jane Ice, who is a collector. I hope to come up with something better. We'll see?

 


This was a demo piece I did quickly in a class at ASW/Catalyst to demonstrate using acrylic and collage on a 12x12" canvas. I feel it has possibilities?

I've taken up more than my allotted blog-space, so I will continue here and take photos, and show you tomorrow. Is this a cliff hanger?




 
 


•  An amazing brief article, 600 sq.ft apt, here.
•  An important 2-1/2 minute video, never give up, here 
•   A sweet 2-4/3 minute video, singing birds, here.



Just because ...


Jackson's Widowbird


  
                         

A smiles for Friday ...
 
 


 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 


                                                               Thanks for visiting today.

 

 

 


6 comments:

john said...

Absolutely lovely! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Have a good weekend.

elenor said...

I'm so happy you could sleep and had a fine day.
A good sleep, a nice call, a true quote, some good music, ... can change everything. The energy level rises, phantasy flourishes, you feel happy, young and full of power. What better could happen.
Hoping for another good night for you, dear Jacki.
Thanks for your good wishes!

Carrol Wolf said...

Sooooo glad you are feeling better. Hopefully they will get you in for your surgery soon.

The baby bear climbing and slipping was so adorable, and a really good lesson for me. Thanks for posting it. I will look forward to seeing all of your canvas' in the near future.

Your blog always encourages me to start the day in a positive way.


jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Elenor! I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Can't seem to get two good nights in a row, but, maybe tonight. Thank you for your good wishes, take good care.

jacki long said...

Dear Carrol, thank you so much for your very kind words, you lift me up.