Thursday, January 14, 2021

Day 3086: Back at it.

   

 

 

"Hydrangea memories": photo, collage and digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Lionel Richie, Love Will Find A Way.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


I'm back! To explain, I started the new year off, on January 1, 2021 by spilling a glass of limeade onto my open laptop keyboard. I panicked and called Superman who guided me through the google directions.  I waited the 48 hours and found that it doesn't evaporate but corrodes.  I called Apple, usually amazing and able to solve my problems. This time the Apple stores were backed up with no opening for 2 weeks. They recommended calling an Apple affiliate. At this point I called Brandon, my other tech genius. He got on line looked at ratings and said "try Mac Guys in Costa Mesa, they have a great ratings". January 4: I called and drove to CM to deliver my significant other before they closed at 5pm. The look Mac Guy, Mike gave me I knew I was in trouble. I called back the next day to find that I had fried my MacPro. However they would be able to retrieve my data! Next step, a new laptop. The Apple stores were backed up, but Mac Guys had a shipment of two coming in Monday, January 11, and with Brandon's help, I reserved one. I picked it up on the 11th after they installed the data, and my hero, Brandon came over to get me hooked up correctly. I still don't have my Photoshop transferred to this laptop, but that is on tomorrow's list. If all this makes you tired to read, you know how I feel, though I am very lucky how it all worked out.

I am carrying on today with Day 3084, although no longer consecutive days, it seemed the best way to go. Thank so many of you who wrote to check, and even those with generous offers, I am indeed blessed. I will try for daily posts as before, and try to keep this silly blog fun, upbeat and unexpected. Thank you Brandon and every one.

 
 
 
 


•  An amazing 3-minute video, owls, here.
•  A 2+minute video,  ducklings, here
•  A cute 1-minute video, raccoon, here.


 

Throwback Thursday ...

 

photo by Monica Lopez

Demura Sensei, Kangieko, Huntington Beach, CA. 2010

 


 
                        

Smiles for Monday ...
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 


 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 


 Thanks for coming back by today.

 

20 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

So glad you are back on the air.

I am sooo frustrated with trying to book a vaccine appointment. Can you tell me why they would open them up to 65 plus when they had not yet done 75 plus? No, of course not. So I spent three hours, (okay wasted) on my computer trying to book an appointment and when we went over to the site where they are giving the vaccine, they told us: "just go online and book". Now I know what "Catch 22" is all about.

Sam Zimmerman said...

I'm glad you're back! I can get on with my morning routine :-)

jenclair said...

I was so happy to find your blog post this morning! Having looked forward to your morning posts for several years now, it was disconcerting not to have updates. :)

Jeff Hutton said...

Glad you are back!

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Welcome back! Technology is great ... when it works.

Betty Cotton said...

Hi Jackie - so happy you were able to successfully navigate your very challenging problem. Thanks for the tip...cause I sometimes bring cup of tea or coffee and put it next to my keyboard. Will not be doing that anymore!

Stay well....love your Blog and appreciate your efforts to keep us alert!

Branmuffin said...

But limeade is so delicious =p hard to stay mad at it! Glad you're back online!

Carol said...

Grateful the MAC guy could retrieve your data AND happy you are back online again. I look forward to your art, laughing at your photo clips, listening to your "always great" music and wonderful videos. Thank you for all your hard work accomplishing all this for our enjoyment!

elenor said...

I'm so happy you are back, dear Jacki! It's so good to have someone to trust and to rely on in these crazy times. Thank you for this.

jacki long said...

Thank you Carrol, seems like we have these episodes to keep us grounded, though I have always felt so grounded?

jacki long said...

Thanks Sam! I feel so flattered to be part of your morning routine, thank you!

jacki long said...

Thank you "jenclair", I thank you for your kind words and for visiting my silly blog, I am flattered..

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Jeff, I am glad to be back. Wishing you guys a safe, healthy winter, stay warm.

jacki long said...

Thank you Jan, boy, that is sure tru! Technology is our friend except when it's not?

jacki long said...

Thanks, Betty, well if I did a good deed by helping you keep your computer dry, then I guess some good came out of it, Thanks for visiting when you can.

jacki long said...

Thank you, dear Brandon, "Branmuffin", you saved my life again and with such patience and kindness. As I have said before, I am so glad I didn't kill you when you were a teenager. I came close!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Carol! I so appreciate your kind words and am flattered. It is good to know someone besides Carole and I listen to the daily music, I have thought about eliminating it, but if anyone is listening it's staying.

john said...

The hydrangea piece is exquisite. I love everything about it. What an ordeal you went through with your computer. :-)

SlocombesOut&About said...

Wow, what a nightmare. Thank goodness for the CM guy. Glad you are back online. Please take good care and keep the lemonade away from the keyboard.

Jolene gilman said...

I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ebhota who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by salami, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on HERPES and I saw comments of people talking about how Dr Ehbota cured them. When I contacted him he gave me hope and sent Herbal medicine to me that I took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so haas I am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Ebhota healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
(1) CANCER,
(2) DIABETES,
(3) HIV&AIDS,
(4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
(5) CANCER,
(6) IMPOTENCE,
(7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
(8) DIARRHEA
(9) ASTHMA
(10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
(11)COLD SORE
HERPES. he also cured my friend from cervical cancer Email: drebhotasoultion@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348089535482