Thursday, January 21, 2021

Day 3092: ...closer to the surface.

 

  

"Millie": ink-brush drawing, acrylic, collage & digital collage.


 



Want music?




Click here for  Earl Klugh, Whispers and Promises.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
 
 
Update...
 
I cried, unexpectedly today during the inauguration ceremony. I am 79 & heading to 80, and it seems my emotions are closer to the surface. 
One of the highlights of today was WonderWoman dropping off a filet mignon, baked potatoes with grated cheese, sour cream and bacon! And a sweet little Pothos plant. She left it on my front step then texted me to get it. She is extra careful.
 

The second highlight was Grandhunk #3 texting to see if I was home? I replied that I am always at home. He said he would be over in 20 minutes on his way home from work. The next 90 minutes were heaven for me, catching up on everything, as we hadn't seen each other in almost a month.
 
Ponderings ...

 
#1 After loving my parents, my siblings, my spouse, my children, my friends, now I have started loving myself.
#2 I just realized that I am not “Atlas”. The world does not rest on my shoulders.
#3 I now stopped bargaining with vegetables & fruits vendors. A few pennies more is not going to burn a hole in my pocket but it might help the poor fellow save for his daughter’s school fees.
#4 I pay my waitress a big tip. The extra money might bring a smile to her face. She is toiling much harder for a living than me
#5 I stopped telling the elderly that they've already narrated that story many times. The story makes them walk down the memory lane & relive the past.
#6 I have learned not to correct people even when I know they are wrong. The onus of making everyone perfect is not on me. Peace is more precious than perfection.
#7 I give compliments freely & generously. Compliments are a mood enhancer not only for the recipient, but also for me. And a small tip for the recipient of a compliment, never, NEVER turn it down, just say "Thank You"
#8 I have learned not to bother about a crease or a spot on my shirt. Personality speaks louder than appearances.
#9 I walk away from people who don't value me. They might not know my worth, but I do.
#10 I remain cool when someone plays dirty to outrun me in the rat race. I am not a rat & neither am I in any race.
#11 I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions. It’s my emotions that make me human.
#12 I have learned that it's better to drop the ego than to break a relationship. My ego will keep me aloof, whereas with relationships I will never be alone.
#13 I have learned to live each day as if it's the last. After all, it might be the last.
#14 I am doing what makes me happy. I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to myself. Happiness is a choice. We can be happy at any time, just choose to be!

 I don't know who to credit it to, but thank you!



 
 
 


•  An amazing 4-minute video, thread drawing, here.
•  A fascinating 4-minute video, mirror drawing, here.
•  An unusual 3-1/2 minute video, bunny jumping, here.


 

Just because ...


 
Snowy Egret



 

FB Throwback Thursday ...



Grandhunks #1,2 & 3,  Jordan, Jake & Zack... 2004



  
                         

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

  



  


   

 



   






  









  

 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for visiting today.

 

 

 

6 comments:

Betty Cotton said...

Jackie - Delighted with your Blog content today! Meaningful, fun and "really good stuff!" So happy you are loved by your daughter and your "grand hunks" so much. They are taking very good care of you during these times. Continue cheering us up! Love it! Happy Thursday!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Betty, you are always so kind. Please take good care of you and your family.

elenor said...

Again such a pleasure to be here on your blog. You really brighten my days and let me forget the terrible things going on in our world for a while.
Take good care, dear Jacki!
When will you have your surgery?

jacki long said...

Thank you again, dear Elenor. Your comments buoy me for another day, week, or month. I am so glad the silly blogs brighten your day, I love it when you like them.
My right shoulder replacement surgery has been postponed indefinitely due to Covid. We are in a hotspot in SoCal, and where I had hoped for January, now I am hoping for March? Meanwhile, my left shoulder, which also needs replacement is starting to act up, as it had been doing all the lifting and work. My doctor will give me a cortisone shot in the left next week, so it can go on carrying the load for both shoulders. I am lucky it is fixable, so many have it so much worse.

john said...

Millie is so sophisticated! She has a personality that you give your characters that make them seem so personal and individual. Lovely! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, You are always so kind.