Sunday, January 17, 2021

Day 3088: Way out of proportion.

  

 

"Edna": stamp lady,  junk mail collage. (8"x24")

 


 
Want music?

 
Click here for  DeBarge, All This Love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

A  theory ...


Today's art, above, is one of my favorites.  Maybe because it is way out of proportion? I seem to be drawn to exaggeration in many forms.  Many of my collage faces feature a very skinny neck, one that in reality would not hold up that head. That's okay. To me, I enjoy humor in art and exaggeration makes that easy to achieve.   I think the eye does a double-take when the image is not normal, due to proportion or exaggeration.     



 
 


•  An amazing 12 minute video, mosaic house, here.
•  A fun 2-3/4 minute video, collage, here
•  A sweet 2+ video, unlikely friends, here.


 

2GN2S/Feel good story



Five-year-old Aryana Chopra rang in the new year in the most productive, positive way possible: She designed and handmade 200 cards to send to every resident at a senior living home in Vestal, New York. Aryana's father is a doctor on the front lines of the pandemic, so she knows how serious coronavirus is. "I got an idea of making cards for the people in the nursing home who cannot go out and meet their friends and family,” she says. When her mother noticed Aryana hard at work making the cards, she called the local nursing home and asked how many residents were there. Two hundred is a tall order, but Aryana worked for almost two weeks to make them all, decorating each one with a unique combination of rainbows, snowmen, kids holding gifts and special New Year's messages. Even then, that wasn't enough for the little girl. She broke open her piggybank and bought the resident a few more gifts, including a very cute Santa Claus statue. 

 

  
                         
Just because ...

Bali Minah



 
 
Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 


 
 
 

 

 

 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 




Thanks for visiting today.

 

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

I too love Edna maybe not only because she is out of proportion. I've noticed that i don't like all that perfection in all possible things anymore. I want to have an apple that looks like it had grown on a tree or potatoes that are not the same size. It's the same with faces, they all look perfectly the same way without any personality.
Your feel good story is lovely. Isn't it comforting that there are children who care about other people not being so lucky?
Have a fine Sunday, dear Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I agree the unusual is ultimately more appealing, to me.

jacki long said...

I wonder if it is an age thing because so many seem to think the same way?
Thank you for your kind words bolster me. Yes, I love the feel-good stories when I can find them, there is so much negativity in the world, I feel like we all ness a booster shot of goodness and humor?

jacki long said...

Thank you John, we share another view. ;o)