Thursday, January 28, 2021

Day 3099: Signs.

 

  

 

"Signs": photography,collage and digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Stevie Wonder, Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


Update ...


Do you ever feel like you have dark cloud hovering?  I have.  So very worried about dear friend, Mark Martinez, fighting for his life in ICU with the dreaded COVID. His beautiful family and friends praying for him, as mentioned here. All thoughts seem to funnel back to this.

Today, I went to Kaiser for my cortisone shot is my less-ailing, but still sore left shoulder. It is evidently tired of working double-duty for  the totally hurt right shoulder which is due for surgery, a reverse total shoulder arthroplasty. While waiting for Dr. Sodl, I took a photo of the snow on the nearby mountains.

If they leave me in a room for long, the Iphone camera comes out.


My inevitable surgery was to happen in January, but all elective surgery is postponed indefinitely, my next big hope is March. I have had my MRI and am in line. When down, I kick myself to remember my situation is fixable, and how dare I.



 
 
 


•  An amazing 3+minute video, cockatoo, here.
•  A fascinating 2-minute video, Nia Davis, here.
•   A sweet 3-minute video, lost baby otter, here.



Throwback Thursday ...



Demura Sensei's Costa Mesa Dojo Jr. Team at AAU Nationals, Elizabeth, New Jersey, 1982.

 Nanette Taylor, Kekai Oliver, Debbie Lair, Erin Long, Steve Sedawi, Erick Kand, Kiana Oliver.



 

Just because ...
 
 
Hyacinth Macaw

 

  
                         

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

 
 
 


 
 


 
 


 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 


 
 


 
 


                                                               Thanks for visiting today.

 

 

5 comments:

Lydia said...

I appreciate you!! Hope your shoulder gets its strength soon

jacki long said...

Aww, thanks so much Lydia, it is so good to hear from you. Pleasr take good re.

elenor said...

Signs is brilliant, Jacki!
It's hard for have to wait for the cure for your shoulder you were hoping for a long time already. After you told me about the postponement of your surgery I remembered that my son experienced the same last year. His surgery, which was not that important as yours, also was postponed during our first lock down but in the end it happend only about two weeks later than it was supposed to be. I hope you also won't need to wait that long as you fear at the moment. Sometimes miracles happen ....
I hope you can sleep well tonight, dear Jacki!

jacki long said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, I did. I think I got some relief for my left shoulder, as it has been doing everythin. It takes 3-4 days for the cortisone to take effect, so it may get better still. Thanks again for your concern. You have a birthday coming up I think?I want to send a card, but it will be late.;op