Friday, November 8, 2019

Day 2660: Pagliacci & Cole.




Pagliacci: canvas, collage & digital.











Want music?

 




Click here for Hall and Oates, She's Gone.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








When I talked to WonderWoman today, I mentioned yesterday's blog, here. She and a few other had mentioned that they liked the stories. I am in the process of trying to write a 3-5 minute talk
for  Demura Sensei's conferment ceremony next Wednesday.
To help I am looking through files and photos. 
I found this photo of a former student Cole, circa 2006,
and I remembered the story behind the photo.




He had been awarded a stripe for his purple belt 
after his second class. Just a 8" white grosgrain ribbon, 
but so important to the students as it signified advancement
We had the policy that the recipient should sew his stripe on.
Cole asked for thread and a needle and spent 35 minutes.
 His first time sewing anything. 
Afterwards I found him sleeping and got this photo. 
I love old photos.




Just because ...






Philipine Eagle









A smile for Friday ...







1 comment:

john said...

You are such the master at facial features! I love the eyes and eye brows. :-)