Saturday, November 2, 2019

Day 2654: In favor of hugs.





"needing a hug": photo, collages, digital.









Want music?

 




Click here for Chet Faker, No Diggity.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








The past two days have been difficult. 
I got an early morning call from a dear friend.
Early morning calls are rare and kinda scary.
Her husband, age 80, had broken his right femur,
had surgery and was in the hospital.

 
1999

His wife, my friend of 50 years no longer drives.
I spent the day, got food and we visited her husband.
He will recover from the surgery, but is confused.
Like many of us, she has some long term memory 
but very little short term memory.
Lots of uncertainties, tears and hugs.



So I thought about the importance of a hug ...





human contact and caring are powerful.




I taught all three grandhunks long ago, that ...









And, since I live alone, I am in need of many hugs.




They have obliged.  Hugs are good.





So I ask you, have you had your hugs today?



Megan and Ava

 
 Sending you a virtual hug.
 
 

 
What happens when you hug someone for 20 seconds?
There are studies that have shown that a twenty second hug reduces the harmful, physical effects of stress, 
including its impact on your blood pressure and heart rate. 
That's because prolonged hugging releases oxytocin, 
a powerful hormone in the brain, only found in mammals.








A smile for Saturday ...




1 comment:

john said...

Needing a hug pulls at the heart strings. It is full of emotion. I love how there is white space and yet the eyebrows have been digitally colored and texturized. :-)