Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Day 4322:Suika Kimono, Friday and Monday Outing.

        

      
"Survivor": ball point pen continuous line drawing.


 




  

Want music?

 

    

Click : Jon Batiste, Freedom

 


  

 

 
2GN2S


Seiko Kimono Summer Outfit ?



Summer in Japan is not summer in Japan without festivals and watermelon (suika). So if you’re looking to refresh your wardrobe with some playful pieces that celebrate the season, as well as festival-appropriate outfits, look no further than the watermelon kimono – a juicy take on a timeless garment. A unique blend of tradition and whimsy, the watermelon kimono is not just a fashion statement but the perfect embodiment of summer’s spirit.



Created by Gofukuyasan.com, an online marketplace known for their whimsical kimono designs, the watermelon kimono features a bright green and black exterior, resembling the rind, and a red obi, mimicking the juicy flesh of a watermelon. It’s a cotton hitoe kimono, which means it has no liner, making it perfect for the warmer times of the year. The watermelon kimono is available in both women and mens sizes, and typically require a 90-day turnaround, each piece is made-to-order.



Last Friday I was invited by Michelle and Kevin Suzuki to go to lunch. We met their Mom, Carole at ...



Carole and I have been best friends for forty-five years, and Carole's great four children, Greg, Lisa, Kevin and Cheryl and WW grew up together like family. Carole and I were Mom#2 to each other kids. When we get together it is just fun.

Cheryl, Kevin, Lisa, Greg and young WW.

So after our great lunch, we came to my home and we talked and laughed for hours. Kevin showed us his special origami artwork.

me, Kevin, Michelle, Carole.

On Monday I was invited to Cheryl and Johnny's beautiful home in Corona for a family get together.

Carole, Greg, Kevin, Sophie, Sterling, me, Gianna, Lisa, Cheryl, Michelle, Johnny.

A really fun group. Can you tell who is the funniest? 

All 7 Suzuki's and 3 Barro's and one Long were in attendance. It's hard to get everybody together, so this was especially great. Lisa had just returned from Japan and was bearing gifts for all. She also made the delicious pasta dish. Gianna was in charge of the garlic bread. Cheryl did the great appetizers, munchies and salad. Michelle did the strawberries, angel food cake and ice cream. I brought the peach wine. Johnny had cleaned the huge backyard, but we mainly stayed inside because of the heat. I loved seeing everyone enjoying being together. 

Thank you Cheryl and Johnny.

 

 
 
 

  
 
A 6+ minute video, the Carbonaro effect, here
 
 
 
  
 
Just because ...
  
 
common Yellowthroat

  


 

Wednesday's Smiles ...  



 





  
   




 
 





   



   
 
 
 
 


 

 


\

8 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Jacki, Such a wonderful post. I forgot about contour drawing. Love yours. I will have to some soon. Thanks for the reminder! What happy phots of you and the family at Cheryl and Johnny's. And I especially enjoyed the last two smiles. Thank you always, Irene

elenor said...

Jacki, I totally agree with Irene. You made a wonderful post again. I enjoyed all of it from the start to the end.
Thank you, Jacki!

Cheryl said...

The Suzuki's always enjoy every moment we get to have with you!! You are our wonderful friend and also family.

john said...

How fun ,,,,, your continuous drawing. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Irene. I am always thrilled when I see you have commented.
Doesn't the time to be going faster? Miss you.

jacki long said...

Thank you dear Elenor! I just received your postcard from Milan! I thank you for thinking of me on your trip, I am sure you enjoyed Milan, they say it is a lovely city.

jacki long said...

Thank you Cheryl, it was a wonderful time with you all, I think I raved about it all the way home?

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I am always amazed at the results of continuous line drawing.
Happy, Happy Birthday! Seems it came around quicker this year, or is that just me?