Monday, June 3, 2024

Day 4299: Caring Observance, and Exaggeration.

      

 

"Unexpected": junk mail collage.

 



  

Want music?

 

    

Click : Dionne Warwick, I'll Never Fall in Love

 


  

 

 
2GN2S

Help






A Texas Mom posted: My 18-year-old daughter was at Starbucks, alone, the other night. A man came up to her and started talking to her. A barista handed her "an extra hot chocolate someone forgot to pick up." How grateful l am for people who look out for other people!

Side note: She felt safe and did not remove the lid, but let them know. She said the whole team was watching over her the rest of the time she was there. Oh Thank you to the team at Starbucks on Staples and SPID in Corpus Christi





I love exaggeration!

It may not be realistic, precise or true. But I do love it! Your eyes see the exaggeration and say, what?  You re-look trying to make sense, and then in my case, you love it? One of my favorite attempts is this tall, skinny lady. She was patterned after an elderly lady, a nonagenarian who used to attend the yearly Artistic License Fair.  They said she was a wonderful, well known weaver. Her outfits were worth the trip. She combined wonderful textured clothes, many different colors, mis-matched leggings and was a joy to behold. I did this art and eventually had cards that sold well. I took her a card and a little gift the next year, she seemed pleased.


Stripes, patterns & more!






 
 
 
 

  
 
A   minute video,  here
 
 
 
  
 
Just because ...
  
 
Dunnock

  



 

Monday's Smiles ...  




 



 

  

 
  

 


 

  



  
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


 




4 comments:

elenor said...

Oh, how I love your "just a few pieces"-collages, Jacki.
But I also loved the exaggerates lady - she looks so happy!

john said...

So bold. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, I am with you, I like the simpler collages.
I LIKE THE LADY TOO, EXAGGERAtion make me happy.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I guess it's to late to be demure??