Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Day 4321: Smart Ants, and a Princess.

       

"Wreckage": junk collage, digital.

 



  

Want music?

 

    

Click : Judith Hill, Back in Time.

 


  

 

 
2GN2S


What an amazing discovery!




Scientists have discovered that ants, after collecting the grains and seeds that they need for winter break those seeds down into halves before storing in their nests because breaking them in half keeps them from germinating even through rain and the most perfect germinating conditions. But scientists were stunned when they discovered that coriander seeds stored in the ant nest were broken down into 4 pieces instead of 2 pieces. After lab research, scientists discovered that a coriander seed will still germinate after being divided into two, but it won't germinate after it's divided into four parts.

So how do these tiny, tiny creatures know all this? Humans know very little, there's a lot to learn from other creatures.








 
 
 
 

  
 
A 5  minute video, ladybug,  here
 
 
 
  
 
Just because ...

  
Common Whiethroat

 
  

 

Tuesday's Smiles ...  






 




  
   







 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 


 

 


 




4 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Jacki, Just love that last quote. Think that will be the focus of my day. Hope all those strangers I meet won't mind the hug. I'll let you know later! :)

john said...

I love it when you add architectural aspects to your work. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Carole, those strangers would be thrilled to be so lucky! 🧡Thanks again for taking time to comment, it really does help me, and I do appreciate you!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I do love buildings and so many things. I guess I am all over the place?