Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Day 4314: Dr. Max, Costco and new tires.

        

 

"Upset": junk mail collage. 






  

Want music?

 

    

Click : Hall and Oates, One on One.

 


  

 

 

2GN2S

Dr. Max, PHD


Max the cat stands in front of Woodruff Hall at Vermont State University's Castleton Campus. He's now a Doctor of "Litter-ature."


Congratulations to Max the cat, who recently earned his Doctorate in Litter-ature from Vermont State University’s Castleton campus. The six-year-old tabby is in a class of one, as the university doesn't actually award doctorate degrees (to humans, at least). But he deserved some sort of reward for the hard work of visiting campus all of the time and helping students cling to their emotional stability during finals season. Maurice Ouimet, the school’s dean of admissions and enrollment services, says Max is very affectionate and was also a huge support to students during the pandemic. 

Students pet Max in front of Leavenworth Hall at Vermont State University Castleton. He likes climbing on their backpacks.

“The degree was just intended to be just kind of lighthearted and kind of a joke but at the same time, realize that this cat did conjure up real feelings and real emotions and was a real support to a lot of people on our campuses during a difficult time,” he said. 

The furry graduate even has his own school email and directory pageAs far as celebrating his graduation, Dow said Max did not walk at the ceremony on May 18 but his name was called. “He’ll be out there getting all the attention and I think he’ll just be a little more famous this year,” he said. “People will be like, ‘Hey, that’s Max! He’s the famous cat.       (to read the full story: here)



Home from a great weekend (here). GH#2, Jake  drove us in my 14 year old Honda Hybrid (116,000 miles) to Arizona and back, about 600 miles. When you are in a car for five or six hours, you have a lot of fun. We have so many memories, and I think we covered everything past and present. Monday I go up early to take this sweet lil' car to get new tires. I bought them before the trip but couldn't get an appointment until 10 AM Monday at Costco.

 I had to leave my car in a parking spot with a big number thing on top. I asked if there was a waiting room? He said, "just outside." 

So I walked around to the front of Costco and found the food benches to sit on. I always have a book with me.  I read for over an hour, it's 11:21 am and I’m taking a break. 



I enjoy watching people. Watching little kids,  excited to be going and their parents not so much. It’s fun to see what people buy. 



I got a call that my car was ready just before noon, so I drove over the their gas station and filled up. 


We had filled up yesterday in Lake Havasu, AZ for $3.19 a gallon, and this day it was $4.19 and took 8.5 gallons which is just a little less than my lil' car's capacity.

* One of the biggest-viewed blogs was Day 1538: Costco, tires & a peach lemonade!  (here) Posted on /11/2016 when I last got tires at Costco. I never could understand why it got such big numbers?


 
 
 

  
 
A 1 minute video, Paper is not dead, here.
 
 
 
  
 
Just because ...

  
Green Finch

 
  


 

Tuesday's Smiles ...  




 





  
   







   




   



   
 
 




 




2 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, I can imagine you didn't only enjoy the weekend but also the ride with Jake. So much time together is so precious, I'm sure you loved it - and so did he.

jacki long said...

Yes, Elenor, you are so right.It was great as I am thinking yours was too?