Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Day 3873: A student and thoughts.

 

"Constant Chaos": drawing, collage & digital.


Want music?




Click here: Hall & Oats, Still in Love
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 


2GN2S ...

Oteshima (pop. 34),

remote island in Japan's Inland Sea,    

and is home to Akiko Imanaka, the sole student from the island's elementary and junior high. Last week, the entire town showed up for her graduation. 

She explained, It's usually just me, so there are times when I feel lonely. But I got to serve as student body president and visited a lot of places as the school representative, so it was a good experience.



Random thoughts from the plane Monday. I have flown since I was 5, but now at the far end of this life I was feeling so grateful for the many luxuries I enjoy but don't always show gratitude. When a freshman in college, I was amazed at how many changes my Grandma (Dad's Mom, 4'10"and all heart) had seen in her lifetime. From horse and buggy to an airplane, from radio to television, black and white, then color! But I have recently realized that you and I have seen even more, with discoveries and improvements.

  I was thinking what a trusting person the first one to board a big, metal, cigar that surely weighed too much to leave the ground, let alone stay up? And just a 35 minute flight from Las Vegas airport to Santa Ana. On the way as I looked out the window I saw12 different solar farms. Nevada has open land and lots of solar.

 Once we had flown over the desert and mountains, we
could see Monopoly size house laid out in various designs. Then I started looking at schools, then at commercial areas. Before I knew it, the Pacific Ocean was in view. I think we had a hot rod pilot. I noticed we went faster approaching the runway, there was just one bump on contact, then smooth and fast to the JSX (Jet Suite) hanger. Grandhunk #1 was there to meet me and take me home. He put my suitcase on my bed and we talked more, then he was off to workout. 
He sometimes posts his workout stats ...
 
 
I am very grateful to have gone and to return home. 
   

 
 
 
A  4-minute video, Fly w/eagle, here.


 
Just because ...
     
Whiskered Auklet



 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
      
 
  
 
 

 
 


  
 
 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

4 comments:

john said...

Electrifying! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I have a normal colors version.

elenor said...

It's so lovely that a dear person is waiting for you, bringing you home and spending time to chat a bit. Your grandsons are the best, Jacki.
My youngest granddaughter is three and a half, she loves to call me telling me everything that comes to her mind and showing what she'd learned the last days. On Sunday she told my son: "chatted enough. I now want to call uncle W." Such a sweet little person.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am so happy for you enjoying your family. I think that grandchildren are the reward to being a parent.Priceless!!!