Friday, March 24, 2023

Day 3869: Lake and Signs.


"Decay" : junk mail collage, digital.



Want music?




Click here:Brothers Strut, It's Your Thing
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 

 We again went to Hemingway Park to try to see the Longhorn sheep. We went earlier, but still no luck. I did get a nice photo of Lake Mead. 


I have always wanted to see old signs boneyard in Las Vegas, where the signs go when no longer used. You have to make a reservation and pay on line for one hour, which is about the right  amount of time needed.


 

And when you have somebody that loves rusty old things, I was and am a happy camper!
 
( a real close up of a rusty sign)

Thank you, WonderWoman!
 

 
 
Throwback Thursday
 
Demura Sensei's Costa Mesa Dojo
1983
 

 
 
A  5+minute video, Substancehere.


 
Just because ...
 
Vermilion Flycatcher


 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
  

  
  
  


  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 


5 comments:

john said...

I absolutely love the movement in this piece. It looks as if it is rolling with peaks and valleys. The shading did that I think. Marvelous! :-)

elenor said...

I love to hear you are having a good time, Jacki!

I so understand you are loving these old signs. The older I get the more I love old things. Old farmhouses not used any more are my special love. They have seen so much over the many years and I always imagine what the life of the people who lived and worked there was like. These are so interesting stories still alive but not noticed by many of us.
Jacki, enjoy your weekend.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, I love hearing from you. I know you are busy.

jacki long said...

Thank you.Elenor. Yes, I do like old things, not so much on myself, but no choice?
HAPPY WEEKEND.!

john said...

Your piece is like the sign graveyard that you visited. Cool! :-)