Sunday, March 26, 2023

Day 3871: Legos and WW.

 

"Constant wrong": junk mail collage, photo


 
Want music?




Click here: Rufus, Stop on By.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

What do you see?


They had a 3D-printed recreation of Claude Monet's famous water lilies made entirely of Legos!  
Chinese artist Ai Weiwei reimagined the French impressionists' iconic motif using 650,000 little Lego bricks in 22 different colors. The work stretches nearly 50 feet and is the artist's largest work to date. "Toy bricks as the material, with their qualities of solidity and potential for deconstruction, reflect the attributes of language in our rapidly developing era where human consciousness is constantly dividing," Ai said of the work. The chief curator of London's Design Museum, where the work is displayed, says he was struck by how the impersonal blocks come together to create a deeply personal final product, which also contains references to Ai's childhood. 

 

Here's a close-up:

  



WonderWoman left Friday ...

  to meet Superman in Redlands, CA, so ...

 
Zoey and I are "holding down the fort" as my Dad would have said. Zoey has been very patient with me. SM & WW take her for a 3 mile walk each morning, and she didn't get it today, 'cauz Grandma's not a super-hero. Superman is performing a wedding for  friends on Saturday, and I don't think he plans to wear his SM uniform. They will be home Sunday and I will leave for the OC Monday morning early. The days have flown by. It's cold here, to me, I have 3 layers on and I am inside. The sun is out and the sky is so blue.

 
I have just watched Sumo which will end tomorrow. I have a new book, Lincoln Highway, recommended by Rad Nana. I am only 100 pages in and I love it! Amor Towles is a wonderful writer. I loved his A Gentleman in Moscow, given to me by good friend Denise Slocombe. It's wonderful to have a book so good you can't wait to  get back to it.
 

 

 

 
A  3-minute video, 3 Frogshere.


 
Just because ...
 
Glossy Ibis


 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
   

        



     


  

                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

48 °F is really very cold, Jacki. Today here we had the same temperature but last week temperatures were around 60. We already thought spring had started.
Each of the 7 Rules of life is so true . I should act on that advice .
I hope you'll have a better flight back, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. This morning at 9 am it was 42' and is 60' now, home is 62'
SM & WW got home about 10;30 am, we three went out for lunch, now home and they have taken Zoey for her walk. She missed it yesterday. Thanks again for your kind words.

john said...

Constant chaos and now we hear that Putin is going to install nuclear in Belarus. Constant craziness! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, yes it is definitely maddening with no solution in sight.