Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Day 3853: Daniel Popper and Superheroes.


"Bit by bit": junk mail collage

 
Want music?



Click here:Stevie Wonder,You Are...
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

2GN2S ...

Meet Daniel Popper


HUMAN + NATURE

Popper began exploring installation and performing art. In 2010, Popper was commissioned for a brand activation using puppetry and performance for the FIFA World Cup in South Africa. In 2012, Boom Festival in Portugal invited him to create immersive stage and production design. 

 Popper was later commissioned to create a memorial statue dedicated to Nelson Mandela at the Nelson Mandela School of Science and Technology in 2014. The school, set in rural Mvezo in the Eastern Cape, was supported in partnership with Siemens, who commissioned the statue, titled Tree of Wisdom.

Read and see more on his website, here

 
SIYANDA HOTEL,  MIAMI, 2021
CHASM  ELECTRIC DAISY CARNIVAL, LAS VEGAS, 2021
TRANSMISSION  MOJAVE MOON RANCH, JOSHUA TREE, 2021

MODEM SWAMP  MODEM FESTIVAL, CROATIA, 2019 

STEEL, FIBREGLASS AND CONCRETE  8 METERS

MORTON ARBORETUM EXHIBITION, 2021 : CHICAGO, IL
MORTON ARBORETUM EXHIBITION  CHICAGO, IL, 2021 - 2023 

   
 
* Special thanks to Rad Nana
for finding yet another gem to share.

 


WonderWoman and Superman drove into SoCal Sunday. SM had business and WW had appointments and needed to visit a lot of friends and relatives.

 

She and Zoey stopped in for a short visit this morning before taking him to Dogtopia. She and I will meet at 2:30 for a pedicure, 

The Superheroes will be together tonight with their boys before leaving for home Wednesday morning. Quick visits and texts keep us caught up on each other's news.



 
 
A fun 3+min. video, hamstershere.


 
Just because ...
 
Imperial Cormorant

 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 

  

  


                             Thanks for coming by today ..


4 comments:

john said...

Well, I had to read your piece because i was intrigued. I could not stand on my head to do it. I could not turn it around on my iPad. Finally I copied it into My Photos and did an edit to turn it around. I love the fact that I had to interact with your piece. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John.I am sure it didn't make mnuch sense? It's an old journal page, so I have no clue what I wrote. You are very resourceful.

elenor said...

Jacki, I love this collage. Such a good idea, very unusual.
No matter how long a visit is, it's always a gift for us. Enjoy it.

jacki long said...

Yes, I agree and thank you for your kind support. ;o)