Saturday, March 4, 2023

Day 3850: Tokyo Stack and Costco.

"Nerves": inks, junk mail collage.



Want music?




Click here: Sergio Mendez, Fool on the hill.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 

2GN2S ...

In Tokyo, Four High-Density Dwellings Stacked on Eachother

   This is Tokyo Apartment by architect Sou Fujimoto. Completed earlier this year in April, the structure consists of 3 rental units and one owner’s unit, seemingly stacked haphazardly on top of each other.

Located in the Itabashi district of Tokyo and a 10-min walk from Kotake-mukaihara Station, the structure is an example of what Fujimoto has called “nebulous landscapes.” Put differently, the architect is known for encouraging a pattern of dwelling that he sees as being primordial, in which spaces are found and appropriated in the manner of animals or birds.

Rental units do occasionally come on the market. The best way to snag one is to meticulously check apartment listings, or become best friends with a real estate agent. The rental units typically go for about 140,000 – 160,000 yen (about $1,000 – $1,200 usd/month).

 



I was grateful to be out and driving. No rain but white clouds filled the sky. Still wearing layers.

And I noticed two things I had never seen before?  1. A large group of ducks (50-60?) being hit by three powerful, rotating sprinklers on the golf course. I guess they liked it as they seemed to sleep?They didn't move? I would have moved.  2. A bright turquoise PORSCHE! Very unusual.I was sure you would want to know all that. And, I needed to go to Costco, but so did half of O.C.
 
 
Every aisle was congested,  I was surprised 
on a Friday morning?
 
 
I was 9th in line behind my friends ahead.
 
 
This was the line behind me. Couldn't see the end of it?Actually, we were all patient. There was no option. When Harry, the checker at the door, marked my receipt I felt I had won a marathon! Next was BB&B for 2 items, in & out, no crowd.Then I went to the grocery store, with no crowd, 15 minutes. Home before 1 pm, to unload & fix lunch. Then ...

 
I had two stacks of magazines to go through and make tear sheets.
 
 
I no longer subscribe to Architectural Digest, "W", Real Simple and Uppercase. So meager finds.
 
 
It took an hour and a half (sometimes you see a good article and of course you read it? ) to yield the pile on the right for future collage. The magazines on the left will be recycled and one more stack for another day. Felt good to get something done, like this junk mail collage ...

"What cost $87? Eggs?"

TMI?



 
 
A fun  3+minute video, rolling stonehere.

 
Just because ...
   
Chestnut-colored Woodpecker


 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 


   


                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 


3 comments:

john said...

Busy day for you. You braved Costco on the weekend? Yikes! The eyes on your latest piece are so sad and worried. You do know how to express emotion. Loved hearing about your search through magazines. I do that, too. Your 87 piece is fun as well. You do keep busy, Jacki! Good for you! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, a few days are productive, but at least an equal amount I am like a sloth! ;o)

elenor said...

The eyes immediately caught my attention. Their expression touches the soul.
I loved to get an impression of your day. Many interesting pics so I could see what supermarkets look like in SC. And your junk mail collage is superb.
As I also liked your story about the Tokyo dwellings I have to tell, I enjoyed this blog from the start to the end. Thanks, Jacki!