Friday, March 10, 2023

Day 3856: Labyrinth and highlighting.

    

              "Missile assaults": junk mail collage.

 


Want music?




Click here:Thisis TP Beatz, Feel Alright
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

2018
Three, maybe four miles from my home is a labyrinth!




 
I had visited several times before, but it had been a while. Today I photographed, so I could share with you.



14402 Prospect avenue, Tustin, CA


On two acres, in a quiet neighborhood, the Unity Church of Tustin grounds are 
open during daylight hours for personal retreat time.




Their Chartres-style labyrinth & meditation gardens are a treasure.




In these days of rush & noise, 
a meaningful alternative.




A labyrinth is a spiritual tool. 
Your path is in curves, multi-directional.
Completion is 30-60 minutes, depending on your pace. It is not a race, but a quiet journey. 


 
"Walking it is a way of connecting to God, 
centering oneself and focusing one’s mind in prayer." 




"Its circularity and turns to the left and right reinforce an integration of the left and right hemispheres of the brain, bringing balance and help in calming, clarifying and focusing."




"It is a symbol of the healing journey."





*Truth in blogging: I admit being distracted by my photo taking process & the fact that I was wearing UGG's (boots) which made navigating problematic on the narrow (12-15") path. Next time ...
no camera & no UGG's
 


Recommendation:
 
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford



I have a habit of highlighting the special parts of books, the beautifully written words. Do you do that?
 
 
 
 

 
 
A 3-minute video, Alpha Apehere.

 
Just because ...
      
European-Shag


 


Smiles for Friday ...
 


  
 
    

                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 


4 comments:

elenor said...

This labyrinth looks terrific. I never walked one but I think that would be a wonderful experience. Time for prayers and thoughts and remembering beloved friends. Your photos give a good impression. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Sunday, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, I am glad you liked the photos. There are bigger ones elsewhere, but I think this is sweet and doable. Happy Sunday!

john said...

Line quality, excellent. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John!