Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Day 3861: Grief and Rice Krispies.


      

"Devastation": photo, junk mail collage, digital.



 


Want music?




Click here: Michael McDonald, You belong to me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

2GN2S ...

Grief from the other side


I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying...you found it hard to sleep. I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear. It's me, I haven't left you...I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea.You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today, your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today, you tend it with such care.I want to reassure you that I am not lying there.I walked with you toward the house, as you fumbled for your key, I gently put my paw on you. I smiled and said, "It's me."You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. I tried so hard to let you know that I was standing there. It's possible for me to be so near you every day.To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over...I smile and watch you yawning
And say, "Goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,I'll rush across to greet you and we will stand, side-by-side.I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me.
 


 




As I have mentioned before, I never know what each daily blog will be. Usually I just look for something that happened that day? Today, Mei was leading us in warm-ups before day class. She is really excellent, and is usually assigned this task.
 
I always listen to her exact instructions, "inhale, half way up, exhale" and so on.Today, I may have listened better than usual.When Mei had us grasp one wrist and inhale as we pull up toward the ceiling, I did that. 
Then she said exhale as you pull to your left.
And, I heard my own neck muscles!
I thought to myself ...





I looked around to see if others could hear mine? 
Can they hear theirs? Then I caught myself smile, I had a little blog topic! 





 
 
A sweet 5-minute video, Buterahere.


 
Just because ...
 
    
Chestnut-headed Oropendola




 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 

 
 

 

     

   



 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 


4 comments:

elenor said...

It's hard to believe and understand that it will never be the same as it was.
And I so loved "Grief from the other side". It's good to be aware that we are not left alone but still loved and guarded (is this the right word?) But you know what I mean, Jacki.
Wonderful blog, Jacki. Thanks!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. I do believe that they can be with us, and I have felt that. Guarded was a perfect word.

john said...

I love how you incorporated the image and the text. Amazing! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I like this one even though it's grainy.