Monday, March 27, 2023

Day 3872: Hero and Zoey

 

"War": photo, digital.


Want music?




Click here: Al Green, Take Me to the River
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

Hero

 John Watson has always been a fitness enthusiast. He's also an advocate for people with disabilities, inspired by his daughter Emma, who has cerebral palsy. When he was looking for ways to help adults with intellectual disabilities find employment, he hit upon a great idea to combine his passions. His nonprofit, Bloom Fitness, brings the life-affirming benefits of movement to people with intellectual disabilities. Bloom Fitness partners with programs like adult daycare centers or residential homes, where Watson’s trained volunteer instructors lead classes like cycling, yoga, Pilates and dance. Classes are free to the athletes, many of whom are low-income, and they’re designed to be accessible to anyone. “Wellness and movement – for this population, that’s critical,” said Watson. 

"We create a sense of pride, belonging and love."

 


Zoey woke me at 7:22 ready to go out. I went out, then came in and made her breakfast. I knew Sm & WW were starting home, so I showered and got dressed, put in a laundry load, unloaded the dishwasher, emptied the Rumba and then sat outside in the sun with Zoey and my new book. Evidently she didn't want me to read because, she put her lefty front paw over my right rm and the book. I wanted to take a picture but she wouldn't let me get into my pocket. The superheroes flew in at 10:30 and we were all hungry so we went for lunch at ...

 
Would you believe there is a gaming device at each seat at the bar? I should've taken pictures, but we were busy eating. The food was delicious! When we got home, SM & WW took Zoey for her 3 mile walk.
I leave early Monday morning, arriving in OC at 9am.
This has been a fun, relaxing trip, thanks to Superman and WonderWoman.
  
 
 

 
 
A  9-minute video, Wind-Up, here.


 
Just because ...
   
Violet-backed Starling



 


Smiles for Sunday ...
  
 
 
 




 


                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 


4 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, I hope you had a good flight home and are still remembering and dreaming of the lovely days spent with WW at her home.

john said...

I love this piece because it is mysterious. So much to ponder. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, yes my time with Erin was special. It went by fast though.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John.I liked the face as it looks like he is trying to understand?