Monday, March 20, 2023

Day 3867: Barbados and Flying.

 

"Time": junk mail collage, digital.

 

Want music?



Click here: Fifth Dimension, One Less Bell
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 

2GN2S ...

100 years + ...

  

If you live in Barbados, and if you are 100 years old or older. you would have your face on a stamp! I bet you didn't know that?


Special days happen.
 
I got up at 6am, you need this for reference. I needed to pack from scratch for today's trip. I was too tired last night, thus the 6 am. As I write this, I am sitting in seat 13C and everyone except 3 of us have deplaned for another hour delay. We are getting good at waiting. My JSX flight 303 was to leave at 1:15 pm, but at noon they text that the flight was delayed due to weather till 3:15 pm. So we boarded at 3:00 pm and at 3:30 we were told we'd be up soon, there was weather problems in LasVegas. It is raining here now, but not hard. At 4 pm the pilot said still another hour delay, but that we could deplane, stretch  our legs, get coffee. I decided to stay put, as the stairs are problematic  for me. I am tired of reading, so I got out my significant other and started on today's blog. ;o) WonderWoman has already been to the airport there to pick me up as I called her. I am on a smaller Jet Suite plane, only 24 passengers and 3 crew. It's normally a great way to fly the 35 minute trip, you give your bag to the check in desk, no lines, no security, they take the bag, when you land and deplane your bag is there waiting for you. 
 
 
Meanwhile it is now 5:27and we are on the side runway where we were waiting for our turn to take off, when the pilot said he had just got another delay notice ... 30 minutes. From here we can see planes coming in but none going out so far. We took off at 5:57 pm and it was a fast takeoff, the kind that pushes your back into the seat, like at Disneyland. We've had a lot of turbulence and a few plane drops but now we are above the clouds so it's better, but it still bumpy at times. 
 

 I landed about 6:45 pm and picked up my suitcase as I exited the stairs, and walked to their individual JSX hanger. 
WW had just arrived and we were off. Zoey was glad to see me as I was to see her. It's been a long day, WW had chicken and vegetable chili with gluten free rotini and cheese. I was so hungry and it was so delicious, I ate every drop.
 

 

 
 
A  5-minute video, Taking flight her
 
 
Just because ...
 
Scarlet Ibis

 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
   
   
 
 

          Thanks for coming by today ...


4 comments:

elenor said...

As always your collage is absolutely gorgeous. I love it.
I'm sorry you had such a tiring and stressful day. I can imagine how glad you were when you finally landed. That might have been the day when rain wasn't your favorite weather.
Jacki, enjoy your time with your daughter!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor.
I am doing just that! Thanks.

john said...

That is just the best green. Love it! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I was happy with this one.
Have a great weekend.