Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Day 4032: Happy Birthday and Breakfast

'Darkness": Junk mail collage, digitized

 


Want Music?
 
 

    Click here: Want music? Luther Vandross, Dance with My Father.


2GN2S ... 

Happy Birthday Dad!
 
 
Dad died 28 years ago at age 86.
He would be 115 today.
 

He always said he had the best childhood.
Later he lived through the depression & was forever frugal.He never smoked or drank. I never heard him swear except once, when he was teaching me to drive & I popped the clutch in the VW! My dad was a driver, Greyhound buses, Yellowstone & later he chauffeured movie stars to work & back home. He had a lot of name dropping & stories. He made the Olympic diving team when younger but got TB and had to spend time in recovery. A heartbreak. He taught me that is part of life. He loved to dance & tell stories.
 
Father's Day, 1975, Yorba Linda, CA
 
He had wanted a boy, but got me.
He always called me Jack.
 

Dad at age 80, 1990, Hong Kong.

I don't think I ever saw my Dad happier than 
riding that "Junk" in Hong Kong Harbor.
  He said "it was just like in the movies."
 Happy Birthday Dad!
 


 

Day 3 of our Nevada art retreat and we started it out going to breakfast at Broken Yolk and yes, today I took photos.

 

 
 

 

 

 
 

 

 
 
 

 
 

Then we returned to our growing mess!



 
 
A5 minute video, Kids/Lovehere.


 
Just because ...
Altamira Oriole
 


Tuesday's Smiles ...
 

 


 


4 comments:

john said...

Love the contrast of light and dark in this piece. :-)

elenor said...

No matter how old we are we will always miss our mum and dad. Thinking of you and your dad, Jacki.
How nice to see you together with your artist friends. Happy creating!

jacki long said...

Thank you, John I'm glad you like it.
Our time together was perfect! Thank you! ;o)

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, Happy weekend to you and your family.