Monday, August 21, 2023

Day 4024: Mustang and Hilary.


"Change": junk mail collage.


Want music?

    Click here: Luther Vandross, A House is Not a Home.

 


2GN2S ... 

 

I saw this in my searching for blog topics. You see, Grandhunk #2's first car was a Mustang, which he loved dearly. And, three of his good friends had Mustangs. I guess they could have started a car club, but I digress. Anyway, I am going to double dip and share with you both.

The Ford Mustang GTD's body is made almost entirely from carbon fiber.
This isn't your standard or entry level car, Ford has just unveiled the 800-horsepower Ford Mustang GTD which will be available in late 2024 or early 2025 at a starting price around $300,000. There’s much more in this Mustang, according to Ford, besides its powerful engine to account for its Lamborghini-level price. It’s modeled on the Mustang GT3 racing car that’s set to be driven in international competition next year. Some things Ford has learned from the development of this car will be used in more mainstream products, said Jim Baumbick, Ford’s vice president for product development.  


 

'Hurriquake' shakes SoCal

 Well, Hilary arrived in the night, I didn't stay up to greet her. But when I got up the ground was wet, but no rain. This marks the first time a tropical storm warning/watch has ever been issued for our region. A little later we had stronger wind and rain and it hasn't stopped. I finally moved into my bedroom, where I opened up the big window so I could see Hilary. I listened to the news and talked GH#3 into driving back to LV early. He's home safe now, and said the rain and traffic weren't too bad. At aome point, I fell asleep and evidently we had a 5.1 earthquake that didn't wake me?

'Hurriquake' earthquake shakes parts of Southern California, magnitude 5.1 earthquake at 2:41 p.m. They say we have more to come?

 

 

 
A 4 minute video, Elephant whispererhere.


 
Just because ...

Blue-billed Heron


Monday's Smiles ...
 
for Mei?

 



 
 

 


                     Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 

1 comment:

elenor said...

Even here there were pics on TV of the heavy rains and devastations Hilary made. Hope you are safe, Jacki!