Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Day 4025: Worry and Journal art.

"Don't": junk mail collage

 

Want music?

    Click here: Prince, Sweet Thing

 


2GN2S ... 

As I started looking for good stories, it wasn't so easy, so instead I'll share some thoughts.

I remember my Dad always said ...
"don't worry about things you can't control." 
The German word for worry means to strangle.
The Greek word means to divide the mind. 

I have read and am paraphrasing: that worry creates a hole in the mind, into which all other thoughts are drained.I don't have any answers, but I do have hope, faith, and trust, and empathize, when I remember.



 

A quick step-by-step ...


Working in a journal page on right.

1

I started with a 4x4" square, and nothing planned. (piece 1)

2
 
I added piece 2 of torn junk mail, using glue-stick & a brayer.


3

 Piece #3 is also torn junk mail, left-center.

4
Piece #4  is torn junk mail, upper-right.
 
5

The 5th piece is a horizontal strip I cut from another collage, digitally. Also, the entire piece is color-corrected digitally.
5 pieces of paper saved from the landfill?

(* If you see "Donut", me too, but I didn't at the time!?)


 

 
 
A 4+ minute video, Mama Bear, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
desert cardinal

 

Tuesday's Smiles ...

 











                     Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Love your step-by-step, Jacki! But you know that, don't you?

Jacki, before I visited your blog I watched the pics on oneDrive I'd taken on this day in the last years. When I saw some of my gelli prints and collages I nearly could not believe that I had done these - and I was proud of me! - that's exactly what your last smile was suggesting. Thanks, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, I have felt that, sometimes
Have great days,

Irene Rafael said...

I love Eleanor's comment. So often I forget that. xo

jacki long said...

Thanks Irene, I think we alll do? I so love hearing from you. ;o)