Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Day 4005: Quetzal and a note.

   

"Destruction": junk mail collage


Want music?

    Click here: Charlie Puth, The Way I Am



2GN2S ... 

OC artist Mitzi Winks, gave great details on the Quetzal, the national bird of Guatemala. (see below) "For 3 years I was a volunteer on a Habitat building project in Cantel, Guatemala and then another two at headquarters as editor of Global Village newsletters and leader of volunteer teams to Guatemala, Mexico and the Dominican Republic for Habitat."

"Want to share the legend of the Quetzal with you. It is said that the bird laid on the chest of a dying Mayan warrior fighting the Spanish invaders and that's why its chest is a vivid red with this hero's blood. Also, the Quetzal CANNOT BE CAGED - it dies in captivity....so it is a symbol of freedom. Just in case you didn't know the back story on this almost fantastical looking creature. Their money is referred to as Quetzals equivalent to our dollar bill."
 


 

Grandhunk #2 stopped by to see if I needed anything done. I did have two lightbulbs to change, and at 6'3" it's easier for him, plus he really likes to help. I was also having trouble with sound on my laptop. Honestly, I had tried everything I knew but I knew he would find the cause in a nano second? He did but while he was at my desk he left my something special that I didn't find for a few days. How sweet. Their parents have raised kind, goodhearted guys.


 

 


 
 
A 2+ minute video, Cowboy hero, here.


 
Just because ...
  
Quetzal


Tuesday's Smiles ...
 
 
 









Thank you for your visit,  whether or not you comment I appreciate you taking time to see whats up on this silly blog. I do love your comments when time allows.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw numerous Quetzals in hotel lobbies. They would be unteathered sitting in a post. Generally had a sign posted “ dont pet” as they could easily snap a finger off with their sharp beak. Also, last I heard, the Quetzal was a third of a dollop.

john said...

Jacki, the placement of your junk mail ephemera works so well. The placement gives a 3-D effect the way the papers get smaller toward the center and above the curved line. Just works so well! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you Anonymous. Initials?

jacki long said...

Thanks John, but I really wasn't trying for that, so a lucky accident.