Saturday, August 19, 2023

Day 4023: FIFA World Cup 2023 and GH#3.


"Precious Land": photograph,junk mail collage


Want music?

    Click here: Daryl & Smokey, Sara Smile.

 


2GN2S ... 


World Cup 23: Semi-final preview

We are down to the final four teams at Australia and New Zealand 2023.    Spain, Sweden, Australia, and England reach semifinals of 20.23 FIFA Women's World Cup.  


Red more information, here.
 
 


 

What a unique surprise!

Friday when GH#3 and I text, he asked what time I would wake up on Saturday? I said  between 8 and 9 AM. I asked why and he said he wanted to facetime me. I woke up at 8 AM but stayed in bed as I didn't want to miss his call. At about 8:50 AM there was handsome GH#3 on my phone. He asked what I was doing and I said "watching you!What are you doing?" he showed me a picture of my front door! I was confused, how could he send me a facetime of my front door from Las Vegas, where he and GH#1 share and apartment? He laughed at how long it took me to say, "are you at my front door?" When he said yes, I levitated out of bed and quickly dressed, opening the door for a very long hug. 

He had driven the four hours last night and stayed with GH#2 at his apartment in Irvine. We talked while he filled me in on that statistics of this surprise. He asked if I was hungry, I wasn't but he really was so we went to his favorite "John's", where he got a full breakfast, an omelet, a cheeseburger and a cup of coffee!


Then, back at my house we watched some tv and he fell asleep. After a few hours, he was refreshed ready to complete some visits for the day. I was thrilled to get mine!

A friend told me I should tell you what happens every time a Grandhunk leaves in their car after being with me. (I live in a nice, very quiet condo complex.) GH#3 started this tradition, by yelling (loud) from his car as he left and till he was out of sight, "I LOVE YOU GRANDMA". Then he told his brothers they should do the same, and they do! I sort of yell, back "I Love You Too" but not like they can. I guess the neighbors are used to it by now and no complaints so far. One neighbor said she loves to hear them.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A 1+ minute video, Hippo Fionahere.


 
Just because ...

   

Northern Pygmy Owl


Sunday's Smiles ...
 
 














                     Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this was a very special post because I love what Grandhunk #3 did arriving and especially leaving with loud I love you grandma!

elenor said...

Who would not like to hear "I love you grandma", even if it was for another lady. I think these kind words warm the soul of everybody, that's what we all need.
Jacki, I'm so happy you had such a precious visit as did I. Still feeling happy about these hours with the kids.
Have a good week ahead, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Anonymous! Wish I could thank you personally.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenoe! Have a great week! ;o)