Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Day 4013: A Wow & All in a day,

 

"Pervading": digital collage


















Want music?

    Click here: Tkj, Skyline.

 


2GN2S ... 

A WOW ...
 
 
This masterpiece of human creation is housed in the Ephesus Archaeological Museum in Selçuk, Turkey. When I laid eyes on it, I was nearly moved to tears. Also called the Malia Pendant, this delicately-wrought gold pendant dates back to the Minoan civilization, around 1800-1650 BC. Think about that. Almost 4,000 years ago, someone made this intimate portrayal of two symmetrical bees, dropping a single jewel of honey into a comb. This isn't literal art. This is something that captures an essence, a value, a whole belief system. Bees were extremely important to Minoan culture, and here they are, depicted in an essential moment of creation. That alone is stunning to think about, never mind the craftsmanship that is exquisite even by today's standards. I can't help thinking whoever made this was divinely inspired; that they had a special vision of the world. This is the kind of creation that connects us.
 


 

 A all in one day story.

 I mentioned earlier (here) that I was going to Mrs. Megan's (Yes, it used to be Miss Megan, but she a married lady now) baby shower.

Auntie Laurie,  Mrs. Megan, Cousin-in-lay, Julianne

It was Saturday in Costa Mesa and a spectacular event. 

Harry Potter themed onesies

Megan's little sister, Julie organized the best Harry Potter themed baby shower ever, and I have  been to quite a few in my 81 years. Megan's Dad, Craig gave me a ride. I didn't remember put my front door key in my purse? And it wasn't in my pocket, so I was afraid I left it in the door? I had done that once- overnight!I tried to tell them I did is a way of checking the safety of my neighborhood, but I don't think they bought it? 

When Craig drove me home, it wasn't in the lock, so I had no way to get in? Then I remembered that GH#2 (Jake) has a key, all the superheroes have a key, but Jake is the only one local. I called Jake at work and he was going to bring it, but Craig said we could go get it, and we did. Sunday, I got a message from Mrs. Megan ...

Hi Jacki, thanks for coming yesterday! I found this in the gift bag after removing all the tissue paper… is this the infamous key?  


 

 
 
A 9 minute video, Creative arthere.


 
Just because ...
  
Western Tragopan

 


Wednesday's Smiles ...
 
 



 
 
 

                     Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 

5 comments:

elenor said...

Keys are always a difficult thing. I remember how often we looked for my father's bunch of keys - nearly every day. For me it's my iPhone I so often don't know where it is. Probably there is nobody who doesn't know this problem.

john said...

This has a very fresh and feminine look. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, yes my phone often goes missing, because I don't keep it on me, so I don't miss it until i NEED IT! ;O)

jacki long said...

THANKS JOHN, I seem to come up with something different if I vary my palette?

john said...

Love the lavender. So soft. :-)