Sunday, August 6, 2023

Day 4010: Language and Blog.

       

"Grain deal": junk mail collage


 

Want music?

    Click here: Trevor Campbell, Tomorrow.

 


2GN2S ... 

   

Language Conservancy

Elder members of the Ho-Chunk Nation gathered Tuesday in Black River Falls, Wisconsin, to record the tribe’s language to preserve the history for the next generation.

Ho-Chunk Nation public relations officer Casey Brown says it’s critical to capture the voices and dialects of speakers because many of the elders are over 75 years old. “It’s very important that we do these things now.”

The Language Conservancy, an organization that seeks to preserve languages so they don’t go extinct, worked with elders to make audio recordings of them speaking in their indigenous language. Ho-Chunk Nation tribal elder Elliott Garvin, who participated in the recording, said he wanted to restore what was lost – now that the language is often only spoken during traditional ceremonies.



 

This silly blog: 4,010 days,10 years or (10.98663014) 1 day at a time.







When I look at the numbers I am amazed, 
 mainly because I just show up each day with random stuff, and you are kind enough to stop by when you can, and some of you even encourage me with comments, and it's usually on a day when I am greatly in need. 
And so, I really thank you.

 


 
 
A 4+minute video, Pangolins, here.


 
Just because ...
  

Dunlin

\\


 
Sunday's Smiles ...
 
 

 
 








                     Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 


4 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, I'm so impressed by your 4010 blogs. It's so delightful to read your posts (nearly) every day. I love the mixture of your daily art, stories, family pics and family stories, curated videos and music, and last but not least the smiles, some funny, some to think about. Thanks for the many hours you take to do this.
Have a good week ahead.

jacki long said...

Thank you, dear Elenor. It really does help me to hear your kind words.Sometimes it hard to find and do the different sections, and some come together more easily? Like life I guess?Thanks again.

john said...

All I can think of is lemons…in a good way though. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I don't use much yellow but I love lemons! ;o)